Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Just passed the site on the GO Train this morning.
The southeast side is one level above ground. I assume that since they didn't dig very deep here that the underground parking is located elsewhere on the site.

thanks for looking into the spandrel+glass colour question TWM ~ :D

March 22 2009 update

from a slightly different angle ... while driving westbound on 401 ~

IMG_3556.jpg

Solaris Design Studio Doors Open Event - April 17 to 19

I just received this email from Tridel ~

{a34d60ff-1ca5-4577-9848-8684f721719f}_inspired_510.jpg

{cf4db7d1-efa8-4d15-bb67-0e128623ceb5}_solaris_150.gif

We hope you enjoyed your Tridel HOME+ Magazine, full of design tips and ideas for your new condominium; now we would like to invite you to join us at a “doors open†event at your community's Lifestyle and Design Studio.

This event will be a wonderful opportunity to browse and ask questions about all of the included and personal selections available to you, so you can add that special touch to your new Tridel home.

The Lifestyle & Design Studio Doors Open Event
(Located at The Metrogate Presentation Centre, 2055 Kennedy Rd, Scarborough, across from the Delta Hotel):

Friday April 17, Saturday April 18 & Sunday April 19 From 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Please let us know your preferred appointment time so we may have available Design & Décor Representatives to meet with you.

Space is limited; please RSVP at ask@tridel.com or via the Tridel Call Centre 416.661.9394.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Tridel, Built Green & Built for Life are registered trademarks of
Tridel Corporation E. & O.E. 2009

Solaris Doors Open event for Purchasers

This is the reply from Tridel Customer Care (ask@tridel.com - 416-661-9394):

This is an opportunity for the homeowners to browse (not choose their colours) included and personal choices available. The event gives them an idea of what to expect for their décor appointment. They are also able to ask questions to the décor reps regarding product knowledge etc. We are booking 30 min appointments for the owners and guests. Max. 4 people. Sunday is now fully booked, I still have Friday and Saturday times available.

March 28 2009 update

in my visit this weekend, I was pleasantly suprised to find the elliptical shaped tower footprints are evident in the foundation forms :D

Solaris 1 - new additional crane location shown
IMG_3605.jpg

Solaris 2
IMG_3603.jpg

Last edited:
I was pleasantly suprised to find the elliptical shaped tower footprints are evident in the foundation forms

Looks like prep work for a raft slab. (a huge block of concrete that adds ballast in unstable soil conditions)

So exactly how many basement levels are there? In one corner it looks like two storeys although thats where the raft slab appears to be going in. Most of the site appears to around one storey deep while the east side appears to be above grade.

techincally there are 2 basement levels, but because the grading is weird in that area, I think the 'ground level' will in fact be 1 floor above grade whereas the P1 level will be at grade

Last edited:
April 13 2009 update

woohoo ... ground level is starting on a section of the podium ~ :D

Last edited:
Why are downtown Markham or Langstaff like developments not being used here?

Well, those two are a lot bigger in area than this site for starters.

Sure but if you look at a lot of recent medium/large developments Toronto is really lagging behind the suburbs. Yes granted we already have well developed areas but either way. Specially, I'm pointing to the developments along Sheppard and this one here by tridel.

Some might blame CityPlace downtown as well but it's a different situation all together. Unlike the other areas in question it is surrounded by retail/offices already.

Seems like the waterfront (the east side ...) is the only thing were doing right nowadays.

Back