Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

a quick question TWM, since the height to the top of parapet is 121 m / 397 ft and height to the top of the mechanical "hat" is 127 m / 417 ft, that would mean this top "hat" would be about 20 ft tall ...

but I'm looking at the Metrogate renderings and the scale model, it would appear that there is 4-5 storeys of height above the final (40th) residential floor, would it be fair to say the cause of this difference may simply have been an 'artist impression' ? :)

building_440.jpg
building_night_440.jpg

January 10 2009 update

some excavation happening on site ~ the shoring bars can been seen sticking out in the foreground ...

I saw what could be the crane base? but am not sure since excavation doesn't appear to have reached bottom yet (there should be 2 levels underground) ~

new concrete walls are being poured along the east edge of the site (back), don't know what that is for ?

IMG_3186.jpg

Last edited:
January 24 2009 update

The crane is U P ! (thanks for the heads up marcus_a_j :))

IMG_1365.jpg

though I don't understand why there's only 1 crane for 2 towers ... nonetheless I happy with any progress ~

Last edited:
Swinging by the site today, the temporary detour road for hotel delivery shown above has been removed, site excavation appears substantially completed, and first batch of structrual columns have been poured at the southeast corner of the site (next to the crane) ...

judging from where the bottom floor (P2) is now, the ground floor of the Solaris complex will roughly be equal to the height of Highway 401 road surface, which is substantially higher than the grade level of Village Green Square (new local street)

Got my "we will contact you soon to discuss picking your paint/sinks" card.

I would think though that Tridel is gonna move slowly on this project and finish building it just when the markets recover. They are delaying Circa 2.

how'd you hear CIRCA 2 is delayed? (which btw is typical in new condos)

in the contrary, I believe / am hopeful that Solaris is ahead in schedule (and will continue to progress) given the sales achieved (85%+) is even higher than that of other Tridel projects including CIRCA ... further I could only hope things are in fact moving along since Tridel bumped UP my estimated occupancy by 2 months, rather than the typical delay / push back

just my thoughts / hopes / wishes (whatever you wanna call it) :D

Circa 2 Delay

Got my "we will contact you soon to discuss picking your paint/sinks" card.

I would think though that Tridel is gonna move slowly on this project and finish building it just when the markets recover. They are delaying Circa 2.

Tentative occupancy was revised today on the Tridel website from Fall 2009 to Summer 2010. A letter was sent out Feb 6. to purchasers about the revised occupancy which is due to the construction schedule and not perceived market conditions (there are enough sales to start construction and construction is fully financed for Circa):
Quote from a recent email to homeowners:
"As timing is a highly variable and sensitive element in the creation of your new home and after current analysis of the construction schedule we have confirmed that it is necessary to readjust your occupancy date. ... Construction having finished the excavation for your community, have completed the pour of the parking garage and have now reached the ground floor. With concrete being poured on the ground floor we are now able to start the installation of sprinkler lines and fixtures for the underground garage."

Tentative occupancy can be followed by purchasers by logging into their website account on MyTridelHome. They can also review all the letters and documents that get sent out to them.

Tridel introduced some new Circa Diamond Collection suites this week with the renovation of the Presentation Centre and the new model suite.

Purchasers with any questions should contact ask@tridel.com or the call centre line (416) 661-9394 which is staffed by our customer care reps.

The same goes for Solaris. Construction is fully financed and is currently underway as you can see from Solaris' excellent photography. The perceived market conditions have nothing to do with the construction schedule which is closely monitored. This monitoring and communication with purchasers is detailed in the condo act and is part of builders' responsibility to their purchasers. It's something Tridel takes very seriously.

You will probably notice that Avonshire on 401 and Yonge has also started site preparation for the two new towers.

February 21 2009 update

some progress being made on the P2 level :) ... which appear to sit nearly at grade ?

Last edited:
What will Metrogate look like in the next 10 years?

I have this feeling Ventus won't be coming to market in quite a while ... and Solaris will stand as lonely towers in the bare lands planned as the Metrogate community until the market picks up ...

my only fear is that the delay will be so long before next phase (possibly Ventus?) is built and that by that time, Solaris will look ugly and 'not fit in' with the rest of the towers, just like the Tridel's Govenor's Hill project at Yonge + York Mills ... while Govenor's Hill Phase 1 was a upscale product in late 1980s, by the time Tridel built the good looking Govenor's Hill Phase 2 in early 2000 ... phase 1 looks cheap in comparison

March 15 2009 update

it appears construction is only happening on one corner of the site (now at P1 level) ... any idea on what's happening TWM?

th_IMG_3512.jpg

Last edited:
It is a pretty large site. Perhaps it's just taking them a long time to move around it. In that time, why not pour the second level on the completed sections?

Glass/Spandrel Colour

TWM ... out of curiosity, would you know what colour of glass / spandrel they will be using on Solaris?

Would it be:
  • dark blue like CIRCA?
  • bright blue like ACCOLADE?
  • dark grey like ULTRA OVATION? or
  • light grey like 360?

the webcam's a great addition ... saves me a drive down to the site for updates ...

thanks TWM!

Back