News   May 16, 2024
 193     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 470     0 

Smoking ban urged for Peel condos and apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean?

The issue being discussed is smoke, not carcinogens.

It means, the air that's drawn in by the fan has to go somewhere. It's amusing that you don't know this.

It's also amusing that you don't think smoke can contain a carcinogen.

Are you being willfully ignorant?

It means, the air that's drawn in by the fan has to go somewhere. It's amusing that you don't know this.

It's also amusing that you don't think smoke can contain a carcinogen.

Are you being willfully ignorant?

The primary issue is smoke, which includes carcinogens, but carcinogens by themselves are not the primary issue here.

But of course you know that already, or are you being willfully ignorant?

Sad how some people can't even read, seriously.

It is...even sadder that they're such hypocrites as well.

I'll give you a few days to figure that out ;)

Yeah, first you say that the intake fans for smoke from cooking and the reduced smoke output from internal combustion engines have no impact on health. And then you point out that all smoke has carcinogens...

Sad, some people do not even know what they are arguing. Ill give you a few days to figure it out.

I do not believe that comparisons of tobacco smoke to cooking smells are valid.
You're entitled to your opinion, as valid or invalid as it may be.

I'm trying to remember why I bothered wading into this pointless debate.

1. Cooking smells have never killed anyone, cigarette smoke has killed millions.
2. People don't cook smelly food all day every day, but heavily addicted smokers do smoke constantly, from morning to night.
3. I like curry.
4. My condo is exactly 20 years old and trust me, the ventilation system for the AC and heat is shared with many other units.
5. My stove has an intake fan above it. It connects to the same duct as the stove intake fans for many other units and serves as another entry point for cigarette smoke. Awesome!
6. I ain't no fan of polluting cars, either, but that's another thread.
7. My opinion of smokers as selfish oblivious assholes has not been changed based on the content of this thread.

I... um... uh... wait, the idiocy of this statement requires no further comment.

Last edited:
Cooking smells have never killed anyone,

Can you cite that?

People don't cook smelly food all day every day,

Once again, you're posting opinion as fact.

trust me, the ventilation system for the AC and heat is shared with many other units

That's funny, trust you? You may have a shared ventilation system, but you don't have a building wide central airconditioning system....other than a common chiller and boiler. How would you control the heat or AC?

My stove has an intake fan above it. It connects to the same duct as the stove intake fans for many other units and serves as another entry point for cigarette smoke. Awesome!

As mentioned, shared ventilation is common in older buildings. Turn the fan on and you wont get any smoke.

My opinion of smokers as selfish oblivious assholes has not been changed based on the content of this thread.

As a non smoker myself, my opinion of smokers and the selfish, clueless, arrogant assholes, known as non smokers, hasn't changed one bit either.

Quote:

I... um... uh... wait, the idiocy of this statement requires no further comment.
Today 03:46 PM

Couldn't agree more.

7. My opinion of smokers as selfish oblivious assholes has not been changed based on the content of this thread.

I've stated here that I am a smoker, did I attack you? No, I offered reasonable suggestions to try to help solve your problem which I completely sympathize with, especially with your wife having so many challenges with allergies. I only smoke outside however if I had cigarette smoke waffling into my home I'd be taking every action possible instead of spewing vitriol about a segment of society who happen to get hooked (most often in their youth through peer pressure) on one of the most addictive substances around.

I hope none of your neighbours ever has a fire. From the description of your problem you'll get smoked out and lose everything you own and you could die too if the hallway or stairwells are impassable.

Good luck with your problem.

Last edited:
Okay everyone, time to close this down. I'd also give out infractions, but there's too many people, and I feel lazy tonight.

Some smokers are assholes (and they stand out with their inconsideration)
Some non-smokers are assholes.
Not all smokers are selfish assholes. Not all non-smokers are self-righteous assholes.

Debate over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back