News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Sixty Loft (60 Bathurst St) COMPLETE

The building looks a lot better in person than in any of these pictures. The colour of the pics is off too... the glass on the elevator shafts is more of a grey than really blue; and the balconies and windows use a glass that's grey/black like the Met and Encore.

30 June 2008 update

The "ass" end of the joint: (view from Wellington St)

DSC07387.jpg

Looks better from this pov imho:
DSC07382.jpg

DSC07380.jpg

How soon before these buildings are bulldozed for view blocking condos?
(Note "for sale" sign.)
DSC07390.jpg

DSC07388.jpg

Parting shot, looking East:
DSC07397.jpg

nice pics... the late day light always makes buildings look much better (for those who were calling it ugly above) personally I am a fan of this one.

How soon before these buildings are bulldozed for view blocking condos? (Note "for sale" sign.)

I would imagine these properties for sale along Wellington St. would be subject to the same height limitations as the new building at 60-64 Niagara St, which rises to the maximum height allowed. The Bathurst building is taller by about 5 floors. Even if the Wellington sites are redeveloped, there is still a decent view from the Niagara building due to the fact that it's skewed a bit to the east, and there's a generous area of backyard courtyards to allow for light from the west to get to the north side of the Niagara building.

I would imagine these properties for sale along Wellington St. would be subject to the same height limitations as the new building at 60-64 Niagara St, which rises to the maximum height allowed. The Bathurst building is taller by about 5 floors. Even if the Wellington sites are redeveloped, there is still a decent view from the Niagara building due to the fact that it's skewed a bit to the east, and there's a generous area of backyard courtyards to allow for light from the west to get to the north side of the Niagara building.

I live on the 9th floor (love the building and my suite) and my unit faces the properties in discussion. Only one of those properties is for sale (although
I can't imagine it would be difficult to assemble the rest) and you're absolutely right...they would be subject to the same height limitations as the 60 Niagara building. I expect to have clear views for a long long time.

Also, given the asking price of the one property for sale and the rising
development cost and considering the cost of convincing the adjoining owners to sell their lots, I believe that any re-development would have to be
on the higher end and would have to be articulated so as to meet a minimum
of resistance from the residents of the lower floors of 60 Bathurst as well as the residents across the street on the north side of Wellington.

I will be posting some pics of my unit showing the views in question.

^Yes please post some pics. I was very close to buying into 60 Loft a couple years back. It has turned out fantastic. I'm curious to see how this developer fared on the building's interior.

And this pic really shows quite the contrast between the interesting streetside and backside of 60 Niagara. It would really be awesome if there were a larger parkette of some sort behind both buildings if that little retail strip were to vanish. Great pic UD.

Interior and view images

I've uploaded two images from my pdi as well as the balcony view looking
down on wellington (where the discussed potential re-development sites
are located). I've also uploaded the view from my living room which faces north
towards king and bathurst (the freed/thompson hotel project is visible in the bottom right corner of that view).

Sorbara allowed purchasers to change their layouts so owners have come up
with different dividing wall placements and layout perspectives depending upon
their needs and design tastes..which makes the units quite unique. I chose a very open layout to accentuate the loft aesthetic I was aiming for.

Attachments

• pdi1.JPG
    pdi1.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 540
  • pdi2.jpg
    pdi2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 526
  • balcony view.jpg
    balcony view.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 573
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 503
Hey Myxamatosis.....it's your neighbor below. ;o)

The great thing about SixtyLoft is that no two units look the same. The flexibility to design your own space was a huge bonus. I've very happy with our purchase!

Back