Brampton Sir Robert Peel Centre Redevelopment | ?m | 5s | Peel Region | NORR

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sir Robert Peel Centre Redevelopment, AKA "Peel Regional Police Division 22 Redevelopment": a proposed 5, 4 & 3-storey police facility designed by NORR Architects and AECOM for the Regional Municipality of Peel on the southwest corner of Hurontario Street and Sir Lou Drive in Brampton's Fletcher's Creek South neighbourhood.

Conceptual plans from the pre-consultation package:
PRE_Concept Plan (23)-1.jpg

PRE_Concept Plan (23)-1.jpg

Existing site:
PRE_Concept Plan (23)-0.jpg

Bid page:

I’m assuming that Peel Regional Police remains intact after Peel Region is abolished.

I’m wondering if this would be the new headquarters. The existing building operated as the HQ until they moved into the old Microsoft office on Mississauga Road at Derry. This seems to be quite large for a division station only; there’s already an operations building to the south, near Derry & Hurontario.

So there's a parking garage and also hundreds of surface spaces? I get that this is a secure private property but still. I feel like this land, especially now that it's along an LRT corridor, could be used better.

I’m assuming that Peel Regional Police remains intact after Peel Region is abolished.

I’m wondering if this would be the new headquarters. The existing building operated as the HQ until they moved into the old Microsoft office on Mississauga Road at Derry. This seems to be quite large for a division station only; there’s already an operations building to the south, near Derry & Hurontario.

I don't think there's any decision made on what happens to Peel Police after Peel Region is dissolved. It seems to be generally assumed to be the case, but when I've read or heard anything from the Region itself, no decisions are made and everything is up to the transition board.

Furthermore, Peel Police moved into an old pharmaceutical company's building at 7150 Mississauga Rd (Biovail I think it was?)

Microsoft has/had a much bigger facility and it's at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd.

Back