News   Jul 15, 2024
 60     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Simpsons Tower Nightime Lighting

My photo three posts up was taken on Saturday night. When we were at NPS last night (Sunday) the lights around the 'lantern' were not all on (only on part of west side). Not sure if this means the lighting is broken (again) or a sign that they are still working on them. Even on Saturday night (as in photo) they were none too exciting! I too remember much whiter lights and early photos on this thread shown that.

"They" have been doing work on the Simpson's Tower for ages now. It is still covered in scaffolding but as far as I can see not much is now going on. Anyone know what's up? (I also noticed that the lighting feature was off again the other evening.)

"They" have been doing work on the Simpson's Tower for ages now. It is still covered in scaffolding but as far as I can see not much is now going on. Anyone know what's up? (I also noticed that the lighting feature was off again the other evening.)

The entire tower is being reclad, and the light feature won't ever be coming back as they are adding floors where the mechanical currently is. There's a seperate thread for the project.

The entire tower is being reclad, and the light feature won't ever be coming back as they are adding floors where the mechanical currently is. There's a seperate thread for the project.

And given the location and all, it may be the most scandalously, boneheadedly insensitive work of architectural philistinism presently taking place in Toronto.

19538-67444.jpg

Back