News   Mar 28, 2024
 52     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 265     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 638     0 

Should Sold Data be public?

As a realtor I have no issues with historical prices being made public. And as has already been pointed out...the info is available to the public. I can go to the Scarborough Civic Centre to find out property info not available on the MLS system. I know that's not the only location in the GTA as well. So if a company wants to team up with the Ontario Government to make the info widely available to the general public I say go for it. If my livelihood as a Realtor depends on monopolising info then it doesn't say much for me as a member of my profession.

http://watch.ohmyhome.ca/#/HouseSold

just use the slider to go back up to 365 days. It takes a bit to load and then you will icons come up on the map. Either hover mouse over an icon just to get the address and sale price or hit the icon which will show the listed price was and sold and you can still see photos of the inside

http://watch.ohmyhome.ca/#/HouseSold

just use the slider to go back up to 365 days. It takes a bit to load and then you will icons come up on the map. Either hover mouse over an icon just to get the address and sale price or hit the icon which will show the listed price was and sold and you can still see photos of the inside

the site is gone ! :-(

anyone know if there's another link?

Oh my home will be missed :-(
the problem with mongohouse.com is you can only check going back 30 days. The other website was 1 year which was really great. You can see houses that sold that rate for instance back on the market

Hey guys,
Looks like I don't have permissions to post a new thread here. Not sure if anyone is still reading this one, and I haven't found anything with a search. I'm just curious if there has been any discussion regarding blockchain and real estate contracts? I invested in an ICO that is going to be using the etherium network to digitize real estate contracts (as much as possible) to try and take out some of the middlemen fees. Obviously this would need to be very simple at first, but I can see China loving this to buy foreign. Any thoughts? If you have tips on where/how to post this I'd love to hear it.
Cheers
Jim

From BNN - Top court to decide whether TREB must share home sales data online

"The Federal Court of Appeal is set to decide today whether Canada's largest real estate board must open up access to home sales data to its realtor members, which it could then share with the public online."

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of their stranglehold on data.

Back