News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 634     0 

Shopsy's ordered to quit Front Street

Burger Shoppe is a chain, albeit in its very early stages. They've already got two locations, three if you count Craft Burger, which was started by half of the duo that originally opened Burger Shoppe

Craft Burger just opened its second location as well. Looks like the start of two new home-grown burger chains. NICE :)

And if they start skimping on their dairy ingredients, they can change their name to "Kraft Burger"

And if they start skimping on their dairy ingredients, they can change their name to "Kraft Burger"

Bwahaha

My A/D used to work for a magazine put out by Kraft. His stories about their recipe photoshoots are hysterical.

Those I'd like to hear. Can we set up a thread for that?

From the Shopsy's website:

Shopsy’s is moving. Thanks for your Patronage.
Please join us!

Shopsy’s has been a landmark “Deli†restaurant in Toronto since 1921. It moved from Spadina Avenue in 1983 to its current location and has been a fixture at Yonge and Front since then. Shopsy’s has been host to movie stars, politicians, business moguls and sports stars of all kinds and of course it has been host to all of their fans as well. It has been wonderful serving you at 33 Yonge for the past 25 years.

Now we are moving again. We are finalizing arrangements for a new downtown Toronto location which we will be announcing in a few days. Watch www.shopsys.ca for full details.

In addition this week we will be opening a fascinating new summer location on Centre Island. Come and join us for an all new Shopsy’s dining experience – warm summer weather, live weekend music and of course all of your traditional Shopsy’s favorites.

Our new Centre Island restaurant is located right next to the Ferry Docks on Centre Island and is scheduled to be fully operational by June 26th. This new location boasts an expansive patio with a truly spectacular view of the city skyline.

We will also continue to happily serve you at one of our other two existing locations:

Mississauga - 6986 Financial Drive, (Corner of Mississauga Road and Derry Road);

Markham - 7240 Woodbine Avenue, (Woodbine Avenue North of Steeles).

Catering is still available and all enquires can continue to be directed to 416-365-3333 or 905-474-9333.

The Shopsy’s management and staff would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all of Shopsy’s customers who have enjoyed Shopsy’s famous offerings at the Yonge and Front Street location. We look forward to serving you at our summer restaurant on Centre Island, at our new downtown location to be announced later this week and at our Markham and Mississauga locations.

Gavin Quinn
President, Shopsy’s Hospitality Inc.

I hope to found out where their new downtown location will be. With the strike, will not be able to get to the Centre Island location.

We used to go to the Spadina Shopsy's when we were art students, but I've never particularly taken to their larger Front Street restaurant - which has been getting shabbier over the years. When I was there a couple of weeks ago the waitress told us they had an extension on their stay until later in the summer.

Too bad about Shopsy's. Although I didn't patronize the Front Street location I've always had a soft spot for Shopsy's since the old food building days at the CNE.

I've always wanted to check out Shopsy's but never have!
I absolutely love Montreal Smoked meat, but have yet to find any place in Toronto that compares to Schwartz's in Montreal.
I think I was told to go to Mel's in the Annex... I believe that's the place that has the all day breakfast and is open 24 hours?

2 places to check out, but sadly outside the city.

There's Peter's on Eglington. (west of Dixie) Great food, very large portions, reasonable prices.

And there's The Centre Street Deli in Thornhill.
http://www.centrestreetdeli.com/

Back