Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyliepoon/sets/72157629364450736/

6894896354_d1612df5f4_b.jpg

6894895384_d110b0bf82_b.jpg

7040992273_4f2d45211f_b.jpg

7040992575_4125ff19ae_b.jpg

6894896260_79fb2e4c9b_b.jpg

Cool renderings. I know they're not definitive or anything, though I'd imagine they're close to what the TTC will actually do.

I just wish the TTC was a little more creative. Grassed ROW, tree-lined where there's space, colourful stops. Nothing major, just things that many other new LRT systems do.

Cool renderings. I know they're not definitive or anything, though I'd imagine they're close to what the TTC will actually do.

I just wish the TTC was a little more creative. Grassed ROW, tree-lined where there's space, colourful stops. Nothing major, just things that many other new LRT systems do.

Yeah, get an extra couple of feet between the LRT lane and the traffic lane to plant some trees, or at least some shrubs or something. Anything to make the roadway seem like less of a highway and more like a boulevard.

Yeah, get an extra couple of feet between the LRT lane and the traffic lane to plant some trees, or at least some shrubs or something. Anything to make the roadway seem like less of a highway and more like a boulevard.

But what happen when those trees grow? Great renderings. They should show these to all those people in Scarborough who are supposedly against LRT

Thanks for all the rendering! Glad it looks as though the LRT projects are getting their funding back. I hope city council, despite Ford, go after funding for the other LRT lines in Transit City Plan. Bringing some quality transit to many corners of this city.

The only beef I would have with those otherwise terrific renderings is that they should have shown two car trains to illustrate one of the basic differences between the downtown and uptown operations.

Suggestion: some views from above street level such as an overbridge if possible/available.

I'm hoping the TTC don't use centre poles this time after the fiasco with the Fire Chief in respect of St Clair. Staggered alternating side poles would be my suggestion.

The only beef I would have with those otherwise terrific renderings is that they should have shown two car trains to illustrate one of the basic differences between the downtown and uptown operations.

I agree. Also, it'd be good to show all-door loading in progress, to emphasize the speed of loading compared to current streetcars.

And if Sheppard actually only had the sparce traffic that the renderings are depicting.... have you been to sheppard recently?

Please also show the long line of left turn vehicles that will be taking up an entire lane. Accuracy is important after all

I see that these are unofficial.

If they were official, they'd be a bit disappointing compared with what Viva is building:
http://www.vivanext.com/assets/files/pastConsultations/March_23_2011/NewVivastationFeatures.pdf

Things I expect:
- Next vehicle arrival time display
- Enclosed waiting area, preferably heated
- Demarcation of a fare paid area or some explanation of how POP works
- Machines to reload Presto with money
- Presto tap things at both ends of the platform
- Well designed garbage and recycling receptacles

A lot more money is budgeted for these lines than was for St. Clair, so I would expect them to be polished.

As someone else noted in the thread, given experience on Spadina vs St. Clair, side poles are also a much better choice than central poles for sharing the ROW with buses and emergency vehicles.

A lot more money is budgeted for these lines than was for St. Clair, so I would expect them to be polished.

Not really, unfortunately.

Sheppard is going to blow half its budget on the stretch from Consumers Road to Don Mills to push underground. Another large chunk (1/4 of total budget) is going into rolling stock and the storage/maintenance yard. IIRC, it's a large yard as it will also be supporting the SRT.
Another $30M for GO modifications (grade separation at Agincourt station).

St. Clair didn't have to deal with these.

What's left is about $250M for 14km of roadway modifications, track, overhead, sewer, electrical substations, 10 years of inflation, etc.

I haven't looked at Finch.

Last edited:
I would get replace the parking lots with storefronts. And replace the gasoline stations with low-rises or at least double the posted gasoline prices to make them more realistic.

I disagree, sort of. People here on Urban Toronto and people in the city building industries would really appreciate the mid-rise, urbanist development in the background, but I think it makes the average Joe scream "pipe dream!"

If we're trying to sell the line to people, I think there are merits in showing the line as it will appear on opening day. Showing a totally revamped streetscape may cause the viewer to reject the entire image as unrealistic.

Perhaps the solution is to do both?

Back