3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Sectionals/Sofas

sungs

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm shopping for a sofa or sectional for a condo and was wondering if any one has recommendations for something ergonomic with good quality in the $1500 - $2000 range in the city?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Try La Vie Furniture. Chinese-made, and basically an imitation of stuff at EQ3 but they'll only charge you half an arm for it, rather than the whole arm & leg. Most shops like EQ3 stock Asian-made wares anyways (except they'll lie to your face about it) so I don't think the quality is much different.

google their name for an address. Only thing to keep in mind is the 8 week delay for anything that's not a floor model.

Try La Vie Furniture. Chinese-made, and basically an imitation of stuff at EQ3 but they'll only charge you half an arm for it, rather than the whole arm & leg. Most shops like EQ3 stock Asian-made wares anyways (except they'll lie to your face about it) so I don't think the quality is much different.

google their name for an address. Only thing to keep in mind is the 8 week delay for anything that's not a floor model.

i wouldn't be surprised if they come off the same assembly line but slapped on with a different label.
i know that occurs for clothing ... one supplier, same material, same assembly line, different company brand

can't beat the Jane sofa from Gus*... firm but soft, incredibly resilient materials, and a properly built hardwood frame, not reused shipping palettes that are often found inside couches coming from China (yes they are made in China). if you don't go custom, it hits the $2,000 mark for a sofa. they're at queen and shaw. there are models cheaper than the jane, but some don't have reversible cushions :(

can't beat the Jane sofa from Gus*... firm but soft, incredibly resilient materials, and a properly built hardwood frame, not reused shipping palettes that are often found inside couches coming from China (yes they are made in China). if you don't go custom, it hits the $2,000 mark for a sofa. they're at queen and shaw. there are models cheaper than the jane, but some don't have reversible cushions :(

Until Sunday, all stuff at Gus is also 20% off!! Personally I'm thinking the Jane Bi-sectional for my new place.

Until Sunday, all stuff at Gus is also 20% off!! Personally I'm thinking the Jane Bi-sectional for my new place.

Get it! I'm very pleased with my furniture from Style Garage. The sofas are built very well. The frames are extremely sturdy.

Thinking about buying a sofa and chair from Gus too. What do you guys think of the Delano series?

image.jpg

http://stylegarage.com/products1/sofas-sectionals/delano_xlsofa/delano-xlsofa.shtml

image.jpg

http://stylegarage.com/products1/chairs/delano_xl_chair/delano_xl_chair.shtml

Very nice... I would love to get the delano XL chair but the price is a lil steep right now ($2K+).

I could have gotten a delano chair in black a few months back for $600 and am kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

Very nice... I would love to get the delano XL chair but the price is a lil steep right now ($2K+).

I could have gotten a delano chair in black a few months back for $600 and am kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

why the big gap in price ... $600 vs $2K ?!?

why the big gap in price ... $600 vs $2K ?!?

There are 2 versions of the Delano chair.

There's the delano chair and the delano chair XL which is bigger.

I believe the regular delano chair goes for 12-1400 in leather. A couple months back stylegarage auctioned off a bunch of their pieces. The delano chair bidding finished at just under $600. Great deal huh?

Thanks for the insight people. I'm looking specifically towards sectionals with a chaise lounge chair built in. What are people's experience with "The Pavilion" store near Queen and Bathurst?

I always liked the look of the Delano, but is it comfy? I mean is it ergonomic relative to posture? To me it looks similar in angle to Barcelona Chairs and I've always heard they are no good for your spine?

Try Green Sofas, there prices are cheaper than Gus/Style Garage, everything is custom made and its made in Toronto.
Haven't purchased one yet but spoke to salesperson and it definitely sounded like something to look into, before getting the Jane sectional (which I love).
Prices of course increase depending on fabric and other custom options.

Thanks for the insight people. I'm looking specifically towards sectionals with a chaise lounge chair built in. What are people's experience with "The Pavilion" store near Queen and Bathurst?

I always liked the look of the Delano, but is it comfy? I mean is it ergonomic relative to posture? To me it looks similar in angle to Barcelona Chairs and I've always heard they are no good for your spine?

You should go to the store and take a look for yourself, but the delano armchair is very confy...the XL is comfier (more padding)...way more comfy than barcelona or wassily chairs which aren't really practical IMO.

Back