News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 891     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 354     0 

Scotia Plaza (KingSett) updates

I heard anecdotally the other day that there are now more tech than finance jobs in Toronto. Considering how healthy the financial services sector is. Granted a large number of fintech, but still. Very promising.

Yup - started a thread on that here: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-tech-boom.27654/

What's also interesting is that up until the mid-2000s firms like Amazon would most likely have HQed in Mississauga or Markham, not the downtown core (much less an established tower in the core).

AoD

No, it is bubbly. It's not without hope though. It'll boil down to who the winners are. (and I don't mean those manipulating stock values)

fullsizeoutput_c28.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_c28.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_c28.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 971
It's just so much better than the temporary structure than stood for the last 15 years. I would prefer no cover as the two towers supporting it have nothing in common with each other

Bad typography. "Scotiap Laza". I guess it's of a piece with the interior work – they keep stripping out red granite and replacing it with banal white walls that look like everywhere else.
The type itself is fine, they just didn't kern it at all.

I think it might be intentional. The name is technically "Scotia Plaza" but they want people to see "Scotiaplaza" (which is what I saw at first). After all, it's "Scotiabank", not "Scotia Bank" or even "ScotiaBank".

I think it might be intentional. The name is technically "Scotia Plaza" but they want people to see "Scotiaplaza" (which is what I saw at first). After all, it's "Scotiabank", not "Scotia Bank" or even "ScotiaBank".
That's not so much the issue. It's that the spacing between the letters for Scotia is different than Plaza. So with the Scotia and P all being the same distance it makes it look like SCOTIAP LAZA (like adHominem joked).

Until they fix their cramped dungeon of a food court, I'm not going to care about their dubious "improvements".

That's not so much the issue. It's that the spacing between the letters for Scotia is different than Plaza. So with the Scotia and P all being the same distance it makes it look like SCOTIAP LAZA (like adHominem joked).

I think that's intentional too, because "fancy!"

Back