News   Jul 23, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 471     0 

Rss

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I remember asking this question here but I can't seem to find the thread so I'll start a new one.

It would be nice if the mods could turn on RSS Syndication of this Forum so that it would be easier to follow new threads and responses.

For those of you with RSS enabled browsers, you could follow UrbanToronto very conveniently by seeing the number of updated threads and links to them.

Information regarding RSS on vBulletin can be viewed in the FAQ:

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=rss&match=all&titlesonly=0

I'm not sure if vBulletin has this feature, but if so, it would make sense to turn it on. Anything to make it easier for people to find new threads is cool by me.

Personally, I use RSS for a lot of other sites and love it!

Some of us mod-types will be getting together soon to discuss some changes and new features on the forum, so stay tuned!

Thanks Darkstar.. if you look at the link I posted above, it talks about how vBulletin allows this feature, it just needs to be turned on :)

Metro,

We'll discuss this at the Mod Meeting soon.

BTW, can you think of any reasons why this isn't a good idea that we haven't thought about? Please be honest! Also, would your preference be ver. 1.0 or 2.0? I'm not sure I understand the difference.

I don't see any reason why having RSS enabled would detract from Urban Toronto.

The worst that can happen is that you'd have lots of non-participating readers because RSS is for reading. Even then, those readers could click on a link in their RSS client and get to the topic in order to reply.

I'm not aware of the differences between 1.0 and 2.0. Is there an option to select which one? I would go with the latest version if that's the case.

It has, but unfortunately it's not as useful as I'd like.

The RSS that's enabled shows only brand new threads. What I'd like to see is for you to be able to subscribe to a thread and be notified that a new post has been added to that thread.

Ed, you talked about two types of RSS. Is the other one for new posts in a thread?

Back