1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 679     0 

Rosedale: Should it be closed?

Rosedale Station ...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have advocated here closing down low ridership stations in the past, such as Old Mill, but I have changed my mind, I don't support closing down stations anymore. In the case Rosedale, the photos in the original post are kind of misleading, they do omit the dense area to the southwest, directly adjacent to the station and certainly in walking distance.

I think if anything at one ot two more stations could be added, such as at Blythwood.

If the TTC sucks so much, why does he continue to use it? Better yet, why bitch about it on a website frequented by TTC employees and lobbyists? That's like a gazelle running upto a pride of lions and declaring that they're tick-infested and their manes are ugly. The system may be imperfect but not past the point of no return. Could the fares be lower or at least balanced out via fare integration or time-based transfers? Yes. Could the scheduling of services be more efficient? Yes. Most of us here are in favor of it providing more rapid transit services. However I tend to look at the glass half-full rather than half-empty. Call it the eternal optimist in me. If he can't back up his vitrolic hatred with nothing more than random air photos and search engine results, then his argument has no basis and is not worth the time nor effort to refute.

Go tell the many 000s whom use and rely on underused subway stops citywide everyday that the train will no longer stop regularly for them, and see the can of YIMBY (Yes in my backyard) whoop-ass that gets unleashed. Case closed!

I was complimenting your well composed post you bitter old man

spanking.jpg

kid+in+corner+with+dunce.jpg

And no more gaming privileges for you until you've learned your lesson, son.

If the TTC sucks so much, why does he continue to use it? Better yet, why bitch about it on a website frequented by TTC employees and lobbyists? That's like a gazelle running upto a pride of lions and declaring that they're tick-infested and their manes are ugly. The system may be imperfect but not past the point of no return. Could the fares be lower or at least balanced out via fare integration or time-based transfers? Yes. Could the scheduling of services be more efficient? Yes. Most of us here are in favor of it providing more rapid transit services. However I tend to look at the glass half-full rather than half-empty. Call it the eternal optimist in me. If he can't back up his vitrolic hatred with nothing more than random air photos and search engine results, then his argument has no basis and is not worth the time nor effort to refute.

Go tell the many 000s whom use and rely on underused subway stops citywide everyday that the train will no longer stop regularly for them, and see the can of YIMBY (Yes in my backyard) whoop-ass that gets unleashed. Case closed!

I was the only one posting any RELEVANT pictures to this discussion. Random? Just look at what kind of trash the old guy adma is posting right above me. NO one could post a picture of rosedale looking half full. In fact, it looks as if it had higher ridership in the 50's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy746SLOxEk

Why do I use the broken down system? Cause I commute downtown, what other option do I have? I try to bike on days weather permitting but there simply isn't much alternative available.

You're another lost cause if you think TTC is actually a good system. Please , travel more and see the world! Mayor Miller did ... its called benchmarking. Toronto isn't the centre of the universe or anything.

Persoanlly I don't see anything major or good coming out of shutting Rosedale down. It won't get us new Vehicles, more safety, DRL, or any other projects were waiting for. I think closing it would just show that the TTC is crumbling. Eventually, if Rosedale is shutdown, then whats stopping the TTC from shutting down other stations. Isn't the point to expand? Not downsize.

Personally I don't see any beenfits from shutting down a station other than a few seconds on saved travel time, and a small amount of money that'll be wasted...

I don't think we can compare ourselves with China in many aspects, transit included...

Last edited:
I was the only one posting any RELEVANT pictures to this discussion. Random? Just look at what kind of trash the old guy adma is posting right above me.

Why are you so obsessed with pinpointing me as "the old guy"? Besides, in doing so, you're shortcircuiting your credibility with those your own age--at least, those with any semblance of maturity and sensibility.

Frankly, you sound like an angry, aggressive, and potentially violent person. And given your conduct thus far, I'd practically fear for the moderators' safety were you to be banned from UT.

Actually I think it's important to get more stations on the Yonge line, at least 1 between Eglinton and Lawrence (possibly two) and maybe one between Lawrence and York Mills.
What do I have to do to make this happen?

Actually I think it's important to get more stations on the Yonge line, at least 1 between Eglinton and Lawrence (possibly two) and maybe one between Lawrence and York Mills.
Buy a shovel and book the next couple of weekends off.

I was the only one posting any RELEVANT pictures to this discussion. Random? Just look at what kind of trash the old guy adma is posting right above me. NO one could post a picture of rosedale looking half full. In fact, it looks as if it had higher ridership in the 50's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy746SLOxEk

Why do I use the broken down system? Cause I commute downtown, what other option do I have? I try to bike on days weather permitting but there simply isn't much alternative available.

You're another lost cause if you think TTC is actually a good system. Please , travel more and see the world! Mayor Miller did ... its called benchmarking. Toronto isn't the centre of the universe or anything.

Then go carpool. In your thrid zoomed out image I'm sure you noticed, perhaps even counted the number of high rises between Belmont and Scollard Sts. I see 20. With a secondary exit on the south end of the station, exiting onto Yonge proper suddenly thousands more could start making use of the station. These people presently have to get off at B-Y then walk it north. So rather than following your suggestion of shutting the station down, what we really should be doing is try to attract more customers to the stop. I can easily see 15,000 ppd or greater using the stop as the downtown Yonge Strip extends further up the corridor. Shut it down? What? With no surface counterpart Roesdale's all these people have got to get around.

And finally you've brought trash upon yourself by resorting to name-calling and innuendo. Lost cause? Unworldly? Really, was that necessary? And your defense of Miller whom is irrelevant in a discussion about whether a subway stop be closed makes me think either you're one of his underlings or just really out of touch with reality.

And finally you've brought trash upon yourself by resorting to name-calling and innuendo. Lost cause? Unworldly? Really, was that necessary? And your defense of Miller whom is irrelevant in a discussion about whether a subway stop be closed makes me think either you're one of his underlings or just really out of touch with reality.

More the latter. I reckon that EFSF Jaburo's only namedropping Miller because it makes him look more "enlightened" and "authoritative"--but even Miller'd laugh at the idea of closing Rosedale; and he'd also have no use for a strung-out, arrested-emotional-development thug like EFSF Jaburo. Even with all his "benchmarking", Miller knows well enough to respect the existing urban condition; he didn't get to be mayor through "Toronto isn't the centre of the universe or anything" hubris, you know.

You don't arrive at healthy urbanism through the aggressive abstraction of cybergaming, after all.

I hear Enbridge is in the station digging business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back