News   Oct 02, 2024
 298     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 732     0 

RoCP, Murano and more. July 13, 2006

Re: that dreaded RcCP base, I just noticed for the first time that the tone of the materials in the base don't match the materials used in the tower in those photos. Double trouble. Thankfully the building looks great from a block or more away. I really like the impact of the upper setbacks now that most of the windows are in.

Ryerson is such a mess, I shudder to think what it'll look like once Canadian Tire & Best Buy signage grace the streets.
** Shudder **

Terrific photos, thanks billy corgan!

Murano South 43
Murano North 35

There is one unit available in the north tower and about a dozen available in the south tower.

Unlike RoCP the podium will match the towers.

Ryerson: I'm loving it! In fact, the more complaints I hear, the more I like the say it presents the core with something self-assured and different. I'm feeding off your hatred.

Thanks for the pics BC.

Your one angle helped me figure out why the so-called 52s (51s according to that "other site") RoCP1 looks so bloody tall........ it's the equivalent of a 55 storey residential building (plus a little more for the mini-spires).

As you can see by the white blocks, the oft disdained podium is roughly equal to 4 of the lower floors... the upper floors have higher ceilings of course.

505 feet... yeah right... how about 538'? 545'?

Happy counting.

cp1.jpg

And while we're on the topic....

Walked by Met today and truly that tower is looking sweet! Easily one of the best looking condos going up now. They're putting up dark panels on the west side now.

And they've painted a few balcony undersides of Spire which helps immensely. Whew!!

Re: And while we're on the topic....

Great pics and a nice update....RoCP is just a monster...:)

As for Ryerson BB, what were they thinking? 50's kitsch?

Thanks for the comprehensive update, billy!

RoCP is a very nice looking building - except for podium, which looks a little like an afterthought. Some of the materials look quality, but the style is at odds with the overall structure.

As for the Ryerson building, every additional finishing touch seems to add to the ugliness of it. It looks as if it were assembled from the leftovers of other projects.

Good to see Metropolis finally taking shape and fitting in with the street. Although I doubt it will be finished for its original opening date. ;)

"It looks as if it were assembled from the leftovers of other projects."

Damn, that is right on!!!

"Ryerson: I'm loving it! In fact, the more complaints I hear, the more I like the say it presents the core with something self-assured and different. I'm feeding off your hatred."

You are a sick, sick man.

The only way that beast of a building can partially redeem itself is if it has some street presence once its retail opens up. So far, there are signs up for Canadian Tire, Mark's Work Wearhouse and Best Buy.

Just add "Value Vill-age" to complete that oh so sexy, swanky downtown vibe. With Sears here too, Dundas Square will certainly draw them in.

i don't see the value of the canadian tire (with one just up the street at yonge/davenport) or the best buy (with the big future shop going into metropolis), but the mark's is definitely a welcome addition. i hate having to go out to the burbs to get decent boots, or good work clothes

I can't wait for the new downtown Canadian Tire as I'm sure are the thousands of others who live downtown.

^ I can see you now dragging up the air compressor, power washer, monster stainless steel bbq and the 6 foot high tool chest to your 500 sq foot condo. (;>

Back