1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 544     0 

RoCP, Murano and more. July 13, 2006

B

billy corgan19982

Please don’t post these on other sites. I don’t have the bandwidth to support it. Thanks

RoCP 1

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

Close-up of the pre-cast.

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

Black granite being added

IMG_1911.JPG

Granite paving stone going in

IMG_1913.JPG

RoCP 2

IMG_1914.JPG

Bridge connecting the towers

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

Murano

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

One St.Thomas

From MaRS

IMG_1889.JPG

From Pharmacy

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

22 Wellesley from MaRS

IMG_1900.JPG

One City Hall

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

The ugliness that is the Ryerson Business Building

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

Brown aluminum siding. Inspired by Torch?

IMG_1943.JPG

Metropolis and the famous L’Oreal Ads

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

Not a bad view for the lucky person who gets this office in the Pharmacy Building.

IMG_1929.JPG

Thanks for the pics BC.

re: Pharmacy corner office.

Not the dean.

AoD

Billy, I need to ask you; how did you get in to Phamacy?

Does RoCP ever look tall in that 4th pic. I actually like how it is coming along.

Im looking forward to seeing how Murano turns out. As for Metropolis, its hard to believe it has reached this point and its olnly 2006.

Very nice... except Ryerson business. What a truly horrific building... and at such an important intersection.

It needs to be said again. The Ryerson building is simply atrocious.

Nice to see Murano underway. High hopes for this one.

The massing of Metropolis is impressive.

What a view! I might consider becomming a pharmist just to sit in that office.

Re: Rye Bus... it's been said before but it's worth repeating: At least from Yonge/Dundas it looks less than a disaster.

So less like Chernobyl and more like Three Mile Island?

Exactly. I think the mood to the building will also temper when stores move into, and decorate the lower floor.

I'm happy to see the granite going in at ground level on ROCP. Though I'm not crazy about the design of the base, at least the developer didn't 'cheap out' on the materials. It's fairly nice precast too.

Can't wait to see Murano go up.

Ryerson does looks much better in person and the base of RoP looks much worse.

The podium of RoCP has many (too many) cheap aluminum cladding panels which already look worn, damaged and dented as a result of some of the surrounding construction. I assume that they will be replaced before the project is considered finished (I hope) but nevertheless, their sorry state is probably indicitive as to how badly they will age over time (and with use of the building).

Thanks for the pictures. It's nice to see an update!

I've not been a fan of the base of Rocp, but I can't help but think that its scale in relation to the tower seems to have improved a little as the tower has reached its height. Where before it looked ridiculously short, now the overall profile almost seems to take on the appearance of an ionic column. Not necessarily appropriate in a faux deco context, and I still don't love it, but it does seem a little less jarring to my eye. Overall I like the tower's height and aesthetic. It's not cutting edge, by any stretch of the imagination, but its looming presence compensates for this.

Queen's Park looks gorgeous, by the way. We don't talk a lot about this building but what a gem!

Thanks for the update.

I'm really interested to see how Murano turns out. For some reason this project has never really even been on my radar.
How tall is the Murano North tower supposed to be? I only have the South tower listed as 43 storeys, so it will still be dwarfed by RoCP. North is taller?

It seems RoCP looks best from far away, even kilometres away. Unlike so many other towers, it really stands out.

Back