2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.9K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the last time I hear Doug's voice, I'll be a very happy taxpayer.
don't be too sure...

@enzodimatteo 3m3 minutes ago
Was this Doug Ford mayoral run a prelude to a provincial run? Smells like it. #TOpoli

the fact that this many people could vote for DoFo (including in some areas where he came in second) is worrying. We all think the provincial PCs wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole, but I'm not sure now...

Did the Rob Ford victory party crown in 2010 also boo Smitherman? (I remember booing of a picture of Smitherman and his family though I'm not sure if that was the case). Anyway, the point is that it's incredibly immature. Chow was very gracious to Tory and the people in the room certainly did not boo him. Ford Nation has characteristics of vindictive children.
It's good that Tory won. And I am optimistic about the next four years, but the Fords are not gone. It's ridiculous that Mikey won. It's an insult to democracy to vote for someone who won't even give an interview. I am reeling.

Olivia won more votes today than Jane Pitfield (188,932) in 2006.

And the fuckers at Ford camping HQ booed John Tory.

WTF is wrong with them?

I try to keep in mind that there were people cheering OJ Simpson when he went crawling down the highway in his white Ford bronco.

There will always be a section of the population who cheer for the OJs and Rob/Dougs. There's no rhyme or reason to it and to figure out "why?" is like trying to figure out why Honey Boo Boo got to be famous.

Pleased with the Mayoral results. Congrats Toronto - junking the Ford as your main drive is very cool! :D

But ack!!! Ward 2? Seriously?!!!! And Domise so far in third place? That's cracked. And I use the term on purpose... :\

I think Tory just thought he was in federal politics because he just launched into some French... tres bizarre.

Tory's party attendees applauding all other candidates, including both Fords. Nice words to Olivia as well from Tory. Such a contrast to the crowd at Doug's party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back