289     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions seem to be divided among vegans about honey - whether it's really depriving the bees of something in the same way as taking eggs from chickens or milk from cows (and veal is essentially a byproduct of dairy production). Same with leather, but more among vegetarians.

Yeah, but at least with honey there's an actual debate on both sides. People who claim that vegetarians can eat gelatin or fish or chicken or whatever bollocks they're spouting off about aren't just full of it, they're also fucking things up for those of us who are actually vegetarian, because it leads to people serving non-vegetarian food on the grounds that "well, this guy on a forum I read says that vegetarians can eat fish, so I did you a salmon pasta bake!" I can understand non-vegetarians not knowing to avoid gelatin or anchovy-laden worcester sauce, but the idiots who claim that it's ok for vegetarians piss me off. It's not ok, and for some of us, it's the equivalent of hiding ham or bacon in a dish meant for Karla Ford's ancestors. The more idiots that profess that these things are fine for vegetarians, the harder it is for actual vegetarians to be certain that the meal they're eating is actually vegetarian.

I have nothing against flexitarians etc - if you want to reduce the meat you eat, then great. I have nothing against carnivores - if you're happy eating meat, then good for you - but people who clearly aren't vegetarians claiming that they are and muddying the water for actual vegetarians are idiots who I have no time for at all.

And that's all from me on this subject. Back to the Ford bashing from me now. :)

Yeah, but at least with honey there's an actual debate on both sides. People who claim that vegetarians can eat gelatin or fish or chicken or whatever bollocks they're spouting off about aren't just full of it, they're also fucking things up for those of us who are actually vegetarian, because it leads to people serving non-vegetarian food on the grounds that "well, this guy on a forum I read says that vegetarians can eat fish, so I did you a salmon pasta bake!" I can understand non-vegetarians not knowing to avoid gelatin or anchovy-laden worcester sauce, but the idiots who claim that it's ok for vegetarians piss me off. It's not ok, and for some of us, it's the equivalent of hiding ham or bacon in a dish meant for Karla Ford's ancestors. The more idiots that profess that these things are fine for vegetarians, the harder it is for actual vegetarians to be certain that the meal they're eating is actually vegetarian.

I have nothing against flexitarians etc - if you want to reduce the meat you eat, then great. I have nothing against carnivores - if you're happy eating meat, then good for you - but people who clearly aren't vegetarians claiming that they are and muddying the water for actual vegetarians are idiots who I have no time for at all.

And that's all from me on this subject. Back to the Ford bashing from me now. :)

Just to complicate things, I know a few ovo-lacto vegetarians (hindus) who will eat eggs, milk and cheese, but nothing that requires an animal be killed.

Just because someone eats meat doesn't make them a carnivore. Just sayin', for the sake of correctness, since we're on the suject.

Douglas actually said in public that he follows Rob's lead on council votes. This man has no self-respect.

That's without mentioning the bit about how he always votes a certain way for a reason. Oh, really, Douglas....I thought you voted certain ways for no reason at all.

So, he isn't as intelligent nor as self-important as some believed.

Let's all think about this a moment and be honest....which is worse:
1) A world in which Rob Ford follows Doug Ford's lead
2) A world in which Doug Ford follows Rob Ford's lead

Personally........I need to sleep on it.

I just saw a picture on the Twitter of Mom and Karla out camping this afternoon. Karla is carrying her Prada handbag. I kid you not.

And on Simchat Torah? Well, ain't that the darnedest thing!

to be fair... Diane is rocking those jeans.

Gawd... I'm jealous of an octogenarian's body! Seriously time to hit the gym.

It's not too late. Some gym time and hairspray and (obviously!) a prodigious amount of parenting skills (the ability to install a breathalyzer, or at least suggest to someone else they should do it is a MUST and if all your kids don't have addiction and/or legal problems, you've done something wrong, sister!) and maybe you could find yourself dating a judge. Think about it!

Just because someone eats meat doesn't make them a carnivore. Just sayin', for the sake of correctness, since we're on the suject.

It's nice to see someone standing up for us omnivores already.

Last edited:
I eat meat. All kinds of meat. I eat eggs and shellfish and rare beef. I draw the line at veal because babies. I can't eat babies. How this has anything to do with Rob Ford has me utterly stumped, although the insight into the personalities on UT is fascinating. I guess the point of this is, if you were on a deserted island, would you eat Rob Ford? Personally, I'm not 100% guaranteed against the idea - survival of the fittest and all that. I guess it boils down to live or die, however, would his viscera make good gelatine? Now that is the crux of the matter. Would you be better off eating jello made of Doug or John or Olivia? Vote accordingly.

I eat meat. All kinds of meat. I eat eggs and shellfish and rare beef. I draw the line at veal because babies. I can't eat babies. How this has anything to do with Rob Ford has me utterly stumped, although the insight into the personalities on UT is fascinating. I guess the point of this is, if you were on a deserted island, would you eat Rob Ford? Personally, I'm not 100% guaranteed against the idea - survival of the fittest and all that. I guess it boils down to live or die, however, would his viscera make good gelatine? Now that is the crux of the matter. Would you be better off eating jello made of Doug or John or Olivia? Vote accordingly.

Slow news day, otherwise you could relate it to Doug Ford as he said he was an "ethical vegetarian" after he was grossed out by working at a meat-packing company. My hubby applied for a similar job in high school, with the thought that he'd "throw up when he got home", luckily for his sensabilities he landed a part-time postie job, and is still a meat eater.

And a whole discussion about what defines a vegetarian. At least the debate brought the discussion back to topic with a tough grilling for Doug tonight.

I see what you did there. ;)

re: suspiciously missing, and vandalized election signs. Hmm, wonder who or what could be behind that. I mean who or what would be brazen enough, and un-freakin-touchable enough, and unscrupulous enough to do, or order or strongly suggest to others to do such a thing. One really wonders about those dots and the need to put them together.

Back to this, because nobody seemed to follow up my guesswork: I presume the place DoFo referred to is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAPS_Shri_Swaminarayan_Mandir_Toronto

which, in fact, has been (and justifiably so) a Doors Open attraction in the past

20080524_mandir.jpg

So I can see why he'd choose it; it truly is a spectacular "secret landmark" within the 416.

Yet the funny thing is: unless you want to blanket-label all of North Etobicoke as "Rexdale", it *isn't* really in Rexdale; it's way up in the far NW facing 427, Finch, the Claireville Dam et al--and, incidentally, in Ward 1. But it's saying something that DoFo said "Rexdale"--and it's also saying something that in spite of his presumed near-constant existence up there and in environs, which also should mean near-constant *engagement*, he didn't know of the place until now?!?.

And of course, my suspicion that he's drawn to it for all the wrong reasons, i.e. the over-the-topness of material and decor appealing to his "Ed's Warehouse" go-big-or-go-home aesthetic sensibility. (Whereas Aga Khan would be too "cerebral" for DoFo to understand.)

Oh, incidentally: re DoFo's reference to "art stores": I suppose this would count within the art-store archipelago out there
http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/

Shame on me for repeating something Dougie says, especially since I have little experience that remote. Leave it to the Fords though to annex territory for their own... wait, that sounds familiar.

Out of curiosity I checked out the prices of Prada bags online-some around $500, but most between 1 and 2 grand!
Can't believe Karla would go camping for 'Mr. Non-Elite' carrying one of those things.

Out of curiosity I checked out the prices of Prada bags online-some around $500, but most between 1 and 2 grand!
Can't believe Karla would go camping for 'Mr. Non-Elite' carrying one of those things.

Personally, were I married to Doug Ford, shopping for bags would be a must. I would require at least three.

Just keeping up with the Jones.

That was her "dress down" bag. I'm sure she has others for more upscale events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back