448     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 590     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from Eastern European Jewish stock on my mother's side, I know in my DNA that no one of Jewish heritage could stomach joining a church that endorsed pogroms in those days. The pogroms are the main reason for the Jewish immigration in the late 1880's, early 1900's.

Exactly. So why they heck would a Jewish person, fleeing persecution as Doug said, emigrate to Canada just so they could convert and be married in a Russian Orthodox church? It makes no sense. Why not get married in a synagogue now that you are safely arrived in Canada?

That's assuming of course that the Russian Orthodox Church would allow them to convert and join them:
http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/09/2...urch-still-thinks-there-is-a-jewish-question/

Otherwise Doug and Karla probably know or care little about these particular ancestors, probably know less than we know now of when they immigrated and where they were married and what religion they practiced.

Nobody here gave a sh!t about the religious background of Doug's family until a day or so ago. He was the one who brought it up to shield himself from an embarrassing situation he got himself into. We simply called BS, and produced evidence to the contrary. Doug produced no evidence to support his claim that his wife is Jewish. We only have Doug's word. It doesn't sound like his wife is going to comment on Doug's claim about her. Simply to say she is "furious" at JT.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a Russian Greek Orthodox church. There is a Greek Orthodox church. There is a Russian Orthodox church. Both are national branches of an overall Orthodox, or Eastern Orthodox church. So I have no idea where Doug gets "Russian Greek Orthodox " from.

It may have been the name at the time. The Orthodox Church in America was formerly the Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church in America; the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada was formerly the Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church of Canada .

Doug may have assumed 'Russian Orthodox' meant Orthodox Judaism, then, when confronted with evidence indicating 'Russian Greek ((Orthodox) Catholic), amended his perception to 'yeah, Russian Greek, whatever ... one of those funny alphabet places'. Similarly, references to Karla's grandparents having escaped a hard life could have become 'they were persecuted' in his opinion, just as criticism/questioning of the Fords' falsehoods and inconvenient truths constitutes 'bullying'.

Last edited:
The problem is, although he claims otherwise, his wife is not Jewish.
Not really. The problem is that whether Doug's wife is Jewish or not has no bearing on how unfit for office Rob's boorish ways made him. Or Doug's failure to denounce them. The problem is that Karla's distant heritage makes no claim for the Ford family's relationship with the Jewish community. Especially when Doug's "Jewish" wife nor her birth family had any participation in the Jewish culture. As it is now it's a strange bloodline purity argument (remember, those white supremacists used to hang out with Kathy in the Ford family basement). Which is why I'd like to see someone put Doug on the spot about what he actually thought he was saying, just to see him squirm.

Thing is, I don't think the Fords have any greater animosity towards minority communities than anyone else. In their gladhanding always be selling way they're probably quite open to people. They, or Rob at least, just haven't grown past throwing off the casual slurs that were much more common 30 years ago when they were kids and the old man was bitching about the world at the dinner table. In that way they're crude and thoughtless and unfit for public office. They're also the kind of people who in an openly racist society would be standing guard at the camps because they support whatever power structure most benefits them. But that doesn't make them racists in this society. I think the most suspect statements Fords have made about minority communities are not seen in Rob's drunken secretly recorded outbursts but the patronizing way they spoke about his football players and their families.

We all know that the only reason Dougugh kept repeating Jennifer's name and newspaper was to sic his pack of foaming sycophants on her wholesale - I'm sure she inundated with all sundry of despicable contacts.

It seems to me like he's also doing it to convey something like 'we all know who you are and what paper you write for and poor Dougie's not going to be treated fairly'.

If the intent is to produce some sort of gotcha moment with regard to Doug Ford's "Jewish conspiracy", I think we can safely let it drop. It's not going anywhere because Doug will never, ever cop to lying or even stretching the truth. We've even identified an easy out for him if it gets any uglier: he can just say he confused Russian Orthodox with Orthodox Judaism. There won't be any apology or admission of wrongdoing.

I get that some on this forum enjoy the internet sleuthery aspect of it all, finding ways to definitively "catch" the Fords in a lie. Me, I can't help thinking "why expend all this energy for zero payoff"? I guess if you give up on calling out liars, that's just opening the floodgates, and there is value in vigilance as an ethical stand. But the Fords take "what's the fucking point?" to a whole new level.

Madison and Jonathan are Lisa's kids and they do live north away from Randy due to alcohol addiction and running around on her. He is a deadbeat father that only pays support for the daughter WTF is wrong with him, you have the two kids buddy pay for both of them.

Assuming that it is accurate, the latest edition of Toronto Life fills the gaps in the Ford family tree that were discussed here about two weeks ago.

Randy's ex: Lisa Dolson, age 48 - "A former hairstylist who dated Randy for 11 years. They were engaged but never married. Two weeks before the birth of their son they split, and Lisa left the city. She tries to stay out of Fordian affairs."

Randy's children: Madison, age 9, and Jonathan, age 4 - "Both kids live with their mother [Lisa Dolson] outside the GTA and see their father on weekends."

Jennifer Pressley, age 27 - "Lives with her mom [Kathy Ford] and brother [Michael ("Mikey") Ford (a/k/a Michael Stirpe), age 20] around the corner from grandma in Etobicoke." While it is possible to speculate that Kathy was carrying on with Stirpe while married to Jeff Pressley, it seems likely that her daughter Jennifer is the child of Pressley, not Stirpe (as some were speculating), because Kathy and Pressley did not separate until some two years after Jennfier was born (married 1982, split 1989, Jennifer born 1987).

A suggestion that he can work with the left (red) and the right (blue), ergo purple? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Coalition)

That makes sense. In the military they call it Purple. ie: Military trades such as Cook, Medic, Clerk etc that can work in any Element ( Land, Sea and Air ).

From what I have seen over the last four years however, Rob and Doug do not play well with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back