676     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 601     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 739     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone yesterday mentioned that Thug would fit in as mayor of 1930s Chicago. The sorry spectacle of the debate hall stacked with FN thugs, goons and assorted low-life bullies jeering and booing the other candidates and driving the normal people from the room sounds like it was right out of 1930s Chicago politics. What a disgrace.

It worked in 1920s/30s Germany as well...

I'm still hoping that Olivia's horrid performance to date has been part of the plan all along. To sit back seeming timid only to get feed up and "hulk out" in the home stretch. If gives the appearance of being an underdog and that of a considerate professional who has had enough of the BS.

I really, really hope that's the plan.

No thanks, that's like playing with fire and running the risk of DoFo coming up from the middle (and one can hardly forgive Layton for letting Harper in power). I'd rather reign in Tory through council instead.

AoD

If those other candidates showed up for flag football, and they didn't bring their brass knuckles, batons, and partisan attack goons, well they should've read the rules of -no tackle- flag football more carefully.

Now excuse me, some of us regular folk have to do charity work helping youths in this great city that I love (to burn to the ground).

dibiase.jpg

Love the Di Biase shoutout and, true story, I used the exact same flag football metaphor with someone this morning. It creates the illusion Doug won the "football" game by not playing by the rules. The FN types who don't care about the rules probably thought so too but everyone else (which I still think is most people) understood who was playing the game they were supposed to be playing.

Indeed. Also, from CP24, Media Lawyer Peter Jacobsen says he's been "assured by court" that there is no more sealed orders out there with regards to Project Brazen 2.

That doesn't sound optimistic.

Does "orders" refer to ITOs, to warrants, or to the evidence obtained from acting upon said warrants?

so far the ITO details aren't that exciting and I feel like I should know this but, is Jerry on the city payroll? He counts as mayor's office staff, I presume? This guy who drives him to crack dens and keeps him away from reporters paid for by taxpayers?

is it safe to assume they got a look at what was on the phone(s) and decided not to lay a charge of possession on RoFo, or can we hope they have a copy and that Jugga will roll (given the brass knuckles charge was stayed)?

so far the ITO details aren't that exciting and I feel like I should know this but, is Jerry on the city payroll? He counts as mayor's office staff, I presume? This guy who drives him to crack dens and keeps him away from reporters paid for by taxpayers?

Jerry is now a special assistant to Ford. I'm not sure who pays for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back