585     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 685     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have missed it posted here... but, did anybody catch that StarashinCBC tweeted about David Price being there and heckling Tory from the wings? Eventually he was warned by the police to stop or be ejected!
I don't think we are going to get through this campaign without some sort of Ford Nation violence.

Of course, one key thing to remember as a possible Ford-Nationals-present benchmark: Dave Price doesn't live in Toronto.

Personally it brought me some bad memories of the bad old days in the country where I grew up.

Yah tell me about it. Only difference between Chavistas in my mothers country (Venezuela) where I spent a few years, and Ford Nation seems to be that the former are willing to commit regular acts of violence.

Yah tell me about it. Only difference between Chavistas in my mothers country (Venezuela) where I spent a few years, and Ford Nation seems to be that the former are willing to commit regular acts of violence.

And I wouldn't count it past the latter to engage in violence - the scuffles thus far is telling.

AoD

A while back, I mentioned needing riot police if/when Doug loses. Last night's debate just proved my point.

Last edited:
This. This s what I want to apologize for. I'm truly sorry that whatever turmoil and angst you went through in your home country you must also see here. These last 3 years more than ever have made me ashamed to be from Toronto. As much as I console myself that it is only 30% that 30% is loud, vocal and I suspect it speaks to a much larger dysfunction in general.

You have nothing to apologize for, you didn't do anything wrong. I do thank and appreciate your kind words, cheers on that. :) I definitely agree with your point about a larger dysfunction in general, I think the thin veneer of civilization\civil society is razor thin sometimes but it's worth defending. Otherwise life would be bearable only for the brutish and cruel. I would think that Tuesday's night debate's "crowd participation" was repulsive to most moderates, and what I find loathsome is I'm guessing Thug would not mind that one bit. If Rob poured gasoline all over TO, Thug would be playing with a lighter.

TJ O'Pootertoot said:
(even if Doug didn't see him there).

Doug seems to have not seen a lot of people. Doug never saw Lisi with his bro for example.

TJ O'Pootertoot said:
But, it's like, if we agreed to play flag football but your team kept tackling mine, it wouldn't prove I don't know how to play football. It would merely show you don't play by the rules and thereby ruin the game for everyone, and the fact that you end up scoring more points doesn't mean you actually won.

If those other candidates showed up for flag football, and they didn't bring their brass knuckles, batons, and partisan attack goons, well they should've read the rules of -no tackle- flag football more carefully.

Now excuse me, some of us regular folk have to do charity work helping youths in this great city that I love (to burn to the ground).

dibiase.jpg

Someone yesterday mentioned that Thug would fit in as mayor of 1930s Chicago. The sorry spectacle of the debate hall stacked with FN thugs, goons and assorted low-life bullies jeering and booing the other candidates and driving the normal people from the room sounds like it was right out of 1930s Chicago politics. What a disgrace.

"Give your nose a plug and vote Thug."

View attachment 34313

Everybody's talking about last night's debacle, but nobody's talking about how it was a classic Ford distraction from what's coming right about now-ish.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/148/tory-maintains-7-point-lead-over-doug-ford

Interesting quote from Bozinoff
"It looks as though the Doug Caravan has settled a bit, and Tory still leads, but they should both be concerned about the resurgence of Olivia Chow," said Forum Research President, Dr. Lorne Bozinoff.

I'm still hoping that Olivia's horrid performance to date has been part of the plan all along. To sit back seeming timid only to get feed up and "hulk out" in the home stretch. If gives the appearance of being an underdog and that of a considerate professional who has had enough of the BS.

I really, really hope that's the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back