2K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 670     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, there's an update at Doug's new photo page for ya:

http://instagram.com/dougford2014

Well at least there he looks more like a leather muppet who is having\needing an enema. The previous overly pink saturated \ probably unintentional Terry Gilliamesque homage was just...yeah. A simple and cheap-o fix could've been to turn it into an icon style. Just black and white almost logo treatment, and a splash of colour like a blue neck tie. Sheppard Fairey inspired look instead of Terry Gilliam. Something like this.

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2006/01/04/329121/ObeyIconhighrescopy.jpg

jeezus on a stick... WTF?!
bolt.gif

Am I correct in assuming the columnist is Marcus Gee? He's taken two or three hard swipes at Smart Track and its reliance on TIF. I suppose Tory doesn't find those swipes fair? (Btw: they ARE fair, Gee's not the only one criticizing TIF, and critical analysis is the job of a columnist, separate from the work of reporters).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...first-rule-of-subway-funding/article20635743/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/article20177429.ece
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-plans-stand-on-shaky-ground/article20505558/

If so, I have to say I am seriously not impressed with how Tory is handling it. Instead of freezing out an entire newspaper like a petulant Rob Ford man-child he should be redoubling his efforts to persuade Marcus Gee why Smart Track won't just be a giant money pit of failed TIF loans. Persuading us all, really.

Does he think that now that he's far out in front he doesn't have to fix the holes in his plan? Throw in his last minute cancellation of multiple debates, his cold shoulder to Goldsbie, his small-minded pandering on Pride funding today, and I'm wondering why Tory is so determined to piss on my ballot.

I would have thought Tory pays Kouvalis to think for him in matters like these; can't believe Tory would go rogue and do something like this on his own. It's not a minor fumble, like answering an unexpected question poorly. It's something that was decided. So if you can't figure out why Tory would do this, maybe try to figure out why that campaign manager of his would tell him to do it.

I think I will save the bubbly until we reach Thug\Fofam's last camping violation.

Yeah. There was a bit of "no one has done more for X than" reminder when I read Tory's "no other candidate has " line. Chow seemed more comfortable and livelier at that debate. Tory's biggest enemy is himself, and his tendency to implode at the 11th hour. With that being said, Chow and Tory are not really wow-ing me. Even putting personalities aside and focusing on policies, both are quite lacking IMO. I keep thinking, is this the best that TO has to offer, that can't be true.

From his fundraising letter: "From day one Rob and I knew that Toronto had a spending problem, not a revenue problem. While others talked, we fought and did something about it."

That's another lie. It has been clearly shown the city has a revenue problem, not a spending problem. Idiot.

what kind of doughnuts require you to have a car to purchase/eat them?

sheeeit...

I live downtown. SanRemo is so far west it's nearly Alderwood, and transit isn't the most frequent out that way.

When we borrow/rent a car, we usually head out that way and then follow it up with High Park.

But they are some of the best doughnuts in town, better than some of the newer, trendier joints. Though I like Glory Hole's doughnuts better, SanRemo has better hours.

I didn't think you were allowed to smile for a passport photo. :confused:

You aren't. The rules however, don't say anything about displays of tooth ornamentation, like those performed by tribes in Africa. Or at least, that's what I'd expect a Ford to angrily argue when confronted about it at a Passport Canada office.

Last edited:
From his fundraising letter: "From day one Rob and I knew that Toronto had a spending problem, not a revenue problem. While others talked, we fought and did something about it."

That's another lie.

Oh I think I can believe the second part quite readily. "While others talked, we fought and did something about it." While others tried talking in council, the Bros. RoDoFo fought with others, and definitely did something about it. That something should include bowling over Councilor McConnel (violence in the workplace), various conflict of interest issues, and declaring that Kuwait has been attacked.

See it's not a complete lie, if it's a half truth, amirite?

ddale8 9:28am via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford fundraising email: Support me "if you want your taxes to stay low, and you agree that we need to be building new subways."

ddale8 9:28am via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford fundraising email: Support me "if you want your taxes to stay low, and you agree that we need to be building new subways."

That makes zero sense, I'm still paying taxes, -any- tax is too high. Doug has been in that cushy seat for too long, and has turned him into a spend and tax leftist bleeding heart liberal. More new subways?! Yeesh, I can't walk out of the house without tripping over the billions of subways the Fords personally built. I can't get out of my driveway in less than 20 minutes because there's a subway stop right out of the house. Actually a subway stop in front of -every- house here it seems. Rob and Doug used to be a champion of the often ignored suburbs. With all these subways they built with their own hands in Scarborough, he has now turned us into latte sipping downtown elitists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back