2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.9K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sympathy for Rob for possibly having cancer but it's pretty insulting that he is arrogant enough to run for council knowing that he's probably too ill. Of course he'll probably win.

"Doug also believes in standing up for his family no matter what."

When will they realize that this is not an attractive quality in a person? That many of us aren't working in tribe, sticking up for our own even when they behave horribly, that we want the best thing for all people in this city. These guys are so arrogant and mean. The timing of Rob going to the hospital right before the registration deadline is suspect. They're playing a game and the sickening thing is that most people don't pay enough attention to see it.

Maybe I'm just sore because we're denied the chance to see Rob defeated in the mayoral election. Doug losing will let Rob say "I could have won if not for my hospitalization...".

My husband just texted me: If Doug wins, we're moving to Uxbridge. :cool:
LOL

I think the media will have a field day with Tug, bring it on boys and girls!

From Twitter, the original Kouvalis post from July:

BxWY10TIEAAZyQE.jpg

It is a bit stunning.

Attachments

• BxWY10TIEAAZyQE.jpg
    BxWY10TIEAAZyQE.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 943
Here's my guess (though I got the run-up totally wrong): Rob can win Ward 2 without campaigning. So, he's hoping his tumor is benign. He'll have his surgery and be more or less back on his feet when council resumes in the new year, or soon after. If Doug wins (though I can't see it), he'll probably resign after Rob's recovery and force a new election. An hour ago, I would have called that crazy talk. Now, anything looks possible.

In the 0 in 100 chance that Doug Ford wins the mayoralty, he would never, ever, ever, resign his seat for Rob.

Doug has hated every second of having to be a mere councillor to Rob's drunken mayor. He has always thought he would be a million times better at the job and would not relinquish it no matter what. He would simply argue that Robbie was too unpredictable and couldn't be counted on to detach the vodka bottle from his hand long enough to campaign (not that he's ever seen him drink though).

As Simply Dan pointed out on FB

As Chow and Tory have been burning through their campaign money, Doug gets to start at zero... Team Ford ends up spending double on this campaign.

Last edited:
They won't think they've been played. It's all about Rob's health, and Rob is actually thinking about the best thing for the city. As for Doug, hahahahahahahahahahaha......
Why would you assume they've been on the up and up with this "mass"? It all sounded pretty fishy on Wednesday, and has only grown increasingly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back