578     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 508     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The former president of the PCPO would have had to deal with the Fords, and appears to have shared a dislike for Tory. If the Fords and Devlin had a negative relationship it's highly unlikely that the Fords would be "donating $50k"* and selling bobbleheads. So just strong inference but surely someone will pull up something more definitive.

*Donation claims not guaranteed in the Province of Ontario
but back when Devlin was trashing Tory, John Tory was still a Ford family friend himself, no? I think he was still defending Rob on his radio show halfway through 2013.

Yeah, and definitely NOT to the press.

AoD

I think a the nurse said it to a random person visiting a patient, who then talked to a reporter -- probably didn't expect it to be all over twitter! (Still a violation of policy, though)

Maybe Warmington will be there to test Rob's food & drink ('It was non-alcoholic jello - I checked'), empty the bedpan, etc.

" ( Warmington ) column just to be LEAVE ROBBIE ALONE in the biggest font possible"
https://twitter.com/AGrumpyHobbit/status/510079695749386240/photo/1

Does anyone want Doug to run just so he can get destroyed in debates and in the election?

Doug is sober, and seems to be "more complex" ie: more intelligent than Rob. Although that's not saying much.

Also, to be sure there will be sympathy votes.

Last edited:
Personally, I want to see a healthy Ford defeated.

Yeah. I want him gone, but this is about as anti-climactic and unsatisfying an end to the story as possible. If it is the end. I can almost imagine Ford winning the election on the sympathy vote despite his being totally out of it, and Doug acting like he's fine and doing everything for him by proxy, like Woodrow Wilson's wife did after his stroke.

Personally, I want to see a healthy Ford defeated.

LOL, that has NEVER been an option.

P.S. I"m hoping his surgeon says "I've got good news and bad news", KrackScandalBurgermeister says "give me the good news first", Dr. says "We removed the tumor, it's benign", "What's the bad news", "The new polls are in".

Mt Sinai is attached to Princess Margaret Hospital (which specializes in cancer treatments), literally. Patients can be moved from one hospital to the other via connecting bridges on the 4th and the 14th floor, or through a tunnel. My guess is that he will be moved to PMH after the biopsy to await treatment.

Mt Sinai is attached to Princess Margaret Hospital (which specializes in cancer treatments), literally. Patients can be moved from one hospital to the other via connecting bridges on the 4th and the 14th floor, or through a tunnel. My guess is that he will be moved to PMH after the biopsy to await treatment.

PMH doesn't really do much by the way of surgeries in situ - they only have two or three ORs. The docs can be based at PMH, but the surgeries mainly happens at MSH or TGH (and the latter just got a swankly GTxOR). There is a bridge between PMH and MSH on the 18th floor, but it's for Code Blues only.

And speaking of cancer therapeutics tech - the only thing missing in the plex is a facility for heavy ion therapy.

AoD

Last edited:
Doug is sober, and seems to be "more complex" ie: more intelligent than Rob. Although that's not saying much.

Also, to be sure there will be sympathy votes.

Well, Rob has a populist charm. Just look at how he lied at the Italian debate and they loved it. Doug...not so much. His scrums with the media are something of a debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back