5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that keep saying no way Doug will get votes, someone on Twitter posted about a poll done a while back showing Doug only 4 points behind Rob.

Does anyone know about this poll?

Can't find the original tweet, sorry. Still looking...

ETA: Ah, Forum poll in May.

Last edited:
pattycakes:

Recall he said something about the doctor when asked about rehab last day or two?

AoD
For a guy who sees doctors all the time, it's sure odd that he wouldn't mention his stomach pain. Even odder that his doctor wouldn't recommend a regular check for him based on his father's cancer and Rob's lifestyle choices.

[

And I know it is a small, insignificant part of the story, but I can't help but doubt him and Doug were at Perkins together for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Maybe getting their game faces on?

The CEO says they did a CAT scan and determined it was a tumour... they need to do a biopsy to see what type of tumour it is and whether it has spread .... wouldn't the CAT scan show if the tumour was located anywhere else ....... just asking

The CEO says they did a CAT scan and determined it was a tumour... they need to do a biopsy to see what type of tumour it is and whether it has spread .... wouldn't the CAT scan show if the tumour was located anywhere else ....... just asking

Biopsy doesn't show whether it has spread or not - it is to provide definitive determination whether it is malignant and what type of malignancy it is. X-ray/CAT and other types of scans are used to determine whether there are any mets - but some can be below the detection threshold (scans are limited in resolution). There are also cancer biomarkers in the biostream that can indicate the potential presence of cancer.

AoD

Not necessarily, CAT scans can miss stuff. My husband had a tumour on his liver that didn't show up on the scan, too small I guess. Still deadly though.

It's really unfortunate that, if true, a potentially life threatening illness can be thrown into the same credulity bin as 'bomb threat' (pick one from a hat, they get them all the time, so technically 'true'), busted Navigator windows (where is that tape?), reporters who...nobody wants to say *that* word (that turned out well, didn't it?) and all the other lies these guys have casually doffed at the taxpayer' (And that's just a small random sample of the weapons-grade crap these guys fling without care or conscience).

We all know the archetypal tale of this kind of self-aggrandizing duplicity: Aw-ooooo! But who can blame anyone who rolls their eyes and says, "Good God, another diversionary tactic." Any human empathy one might be capable of exercising in the instance of another human suffering has, in this case, been so diluted by high-grade bullshit that tears run brown.

If he's ill, hope he gets better. If not, this is a new low. Let's humanely hope for the former, but nobody should be dragged down for assuming the latter.

Sure it is preposterous that hospital officials and doctors would allow themselves to be pulled into another shady Ford family dodge. But allow us our cynicism. So many other official bodies have allowed themselves to be compromised. All those involved in his rehab, police (many instances but let us just consider the drunk driving for now), many of the city managers (Apollo, for example, other times twisting themselves trying not to commit to challenges to his claims), the Catholic school board with his football coaching, the TTC when he was making his calls to Byford. They've run riot with the rules and have been held responsible for little. We've been given little reason to have faith in anyone.

For a guy who sees doctors all the time, it's sure odd that he wouldn't mention his stomach pain. Even odder that his doctor wouldn't recommend a regular check for him based on his father's cancer and Rob's lifestyle choices.

Patients lie, and he got more reason than many others to do so. He also doesn't strike me as the type who'd follow expert advice.

AoD

My father was discovered to have colon cancer after they opened him up to deal with kidney cancer. He was a chronic alcoholic (although incredibly functional as he carried out his job and professional association duties). Usually cancer of this type is painless; which makes me think Ford has cysts or something minor (hopefully; I don't want him dead). They told us children we wouldnt need checks after age 50 so Ford wasn't shirking anything in that regard.

Count me among the doubters.

For just one thing, he had stomach pains for three months and a CT scan was done only today? Didn't he mention his pains and get them checked out during his rehab stint, at the very least? I once had stomach pains for a day and a half and my doctor sent me off for a bunch of lab tests immediately - and I'm in good health. Rob Ford is pretty obviously at increased risk for a variety of health problems, so his doctor(s) should have run a lot more tests a lot sooner. It doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back