826     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 737     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The resistance to the mayor’s ambitions is revealing: it comes from patrician Toronto hipsters who, it must be said, like their leaders to look and act just like them. These are the infamous “latte-sipping elites,” those downtowners who refer to themselves in the ironical and who are gleefully taking Ford to task for his appetites and the videos they’ve spawned. Read More... http://goo.gl/CXYFFq

I have inside info too, which is why I was asking, Wombat. I've heard she's a part-time dominatrix and gets her kicks by writing this provocative sh*t. *Cannot" reveal my source :)
How can a patrician be a hipster? Or how can a hipster be patrician argh!!!! And hipsters are not elites. And Tim Horton's sells frikkin' lattes so WTF does the use of that word even mean anymore FFS. All these terms are just being used in a hazy, lazy way to say, "people we don't like".
It's worse than reading Conrad Black.

Last edited:
I think the next one from Tea Party North will be 'libruls'. Or 'libtards.' That's definitely the way our conservatives at all levels seem to be heading.

surprised you had to ask this, but yeah... SUBWAYS SUBWAYS SUBWAYS

get those plebes off the road so i can wheel my 'lade downtown with alacrity

oh, and cyclists? yeah, let's spend a bit on paved paths through parks and get them off the roads too

I know we're joking here, but even in this case - Ford doesn't think subways are worth spending on. He's tried to kill all sorts of revenue tools and it scared to own the little tax increase he put through. I'd have 100x more respect for the guy (and it would really suit his 'no-nonsense' persona) if he would come out and say, "I think we should build subways, but it's going to cost us." just treat us like adults: i really don't think most people are totally allergic to taxes if they're shown value.

I know we're joking here, but even in this case - Ford doesn't think subways are worth spending on. He's tried to kill all sorts of revenue tools and it scared to own the little tax increase he put through. I'd have 100x more respect for the guy (and it would really suit his 'no-nonsense' persona) if he would come out and say, "I think we should build subways, but it's going to cost us." just treat us like adults: i really don't think most people are totally allergic to taxes if they're shown value.

Lately he's been downplaying the cost to provide subways subways subways - he's claimed "his" tax increase is only 0.25% although the final prop tax hike will be 1.6%. Because that's what he'd like it to be, or possibly just because his garbled speech comes out sounding that way.

Lately he's been downplaying the cost to provide subways subways subways - he's claimed "his" tax increase is only 0.25% although the final prop tax hike will be 1.6%. Because that's what he'd like it to be, or possibly just because his garbled speech comes out sounding that way.

This is because he's an idiot.

Speaking of which, I think we've given Irene her 15 minutes.

Robbie does it again...

City faces dwindling budget surplus: Report

Toronto council’s number crunchers aren’t betting on a big budget surplus this year.

An update on the 2014 operating budget goes to the budget committee on Wednesday and it predicts a year-end net surplus of $1.2 million. By contrast, the final surplus in 2010 — the year when Mayor Rob Ford swept into office — was $367 million.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/03/city-faces-dwindling-budget-surplus-report

Just a little bit of difference in the estimated surplus! How can they be ranging from $1.2 to $150. million? Since we're half way through the year, I would like to think they could be a little more accurate.

“My gut feeling is that is a very conservative projection at this point in time,” Di Giorgio said Friday. “My anticipation would be that (the surplus) would be in the neighbourhood of about $150 million.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back