71     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 353     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 484     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing. (speculation time) I wonder if the TPS has completed their work on Lisi's iPhone - they supboena Ford as a witness and can use any good stuff from the iPhone to counter any false or misleading testimony he may give.

I was wondering about that, and the wiretaps. Is it part of the procedure for the prosecution to say 'Actually, Mr Ford, we have this message/recording of you saying the exact opposite' - would they leave that for the actual trial?

Also, this kind of lines up with Metro Man's "increased TPS chatter" comment from a few days ago.

Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day ...

I was wondering about that, and the wiretaps. Is it part of the procedure for the prosecution to say 'Actually, Mr Ford, we have this message/recording of you saying the exact opposite' - would they leave that for the actual trial?

If ford does testify at Lisi's trial, I cannot under any circumstances imagine a scenario where he doesn't commit perjury. This guy lies like most of us breathe. It's innate, instinctual, compulsive, and pathological.

And I'm sure Giroux will be looking to catch him in lies if the subpoena does go through. The key here is going to be based on how much the Fords know about what TPS knows. Let's hope TPS has kept a lid on anything they've learned since the ITO was unredacted.

Is it part of the procedure for the prosecution to say 'Actually, Mr Ford, we have this message/recording of you saying the exact opposite' - would they leave that for the actual trial?

Question for legal experts -- do the rules of legal disclosure apply in any way to in this situation (i.e. at a preliminary hearing for a third party)?

Last edited:
If ford does testify at Lisi's trial, I cannot under any circumstances imagine a scenario where he doesn't commit perjury. This guy lies like most of us breathe. It's innate, instinctual, compulsive, and pathological.

And I'm sure Giroux will be looking to catch him in lies if the subpoena does go through. The key here is going to be based on how much the Fords know about what TPS knows. Let's hope TPS has kept a lid on anything they've learned since the ITO was unredacted.

I hope they televise the proceedings. Can't wait to see Rob lying himself into a corner and Doug facepalming and seething in the audience.

He will have his attorney present and both sides get to see his testimony.

The real jeopardy for RoFo is that he doesn't know what TPS knows and Giroux will be very careful not to tip his hand, but lead RoFo carefully into the danger areas.

And RoFo can't take the fifth because Canada doesn't have it. You still have to testify, but in certain circumstances (probably not these I think) it can't be used against you. Perjury rules still apply.

Catch me if you can...

reporterdonpeat 10:03am via Twitter for iPhone
"Not that I'm aware of" Rob Ford's press secretary on whether the mayor has any meetings with police today.

Catch me if you can...

reporterdonpeat 10:03am via Twitter for iPhone
"Not that I'm aware of" Rob Ford's press secretary on whether the mayor has any meetings with police today.

Oh my God. RUN, ROBBIE, RUN!

The longer he dodges the papers, the worse it looks! I love it!

So the social media whiz kids in his office think now's the time to get back to beating the Sugar Beach dead-and-completely-buried horse? Is this even real? I honestly checked 3 times that it wasn't a parody account.

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 3m
I am extremely frustrated with the latest examples of wasteful spending at Waterfront Toronto. 1/2 #Toronto #TOpoli

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 2m
$337K for sand at Sugar Beach is simply unacceptable. http://bit.ly/1s8eHON 2/2 #Toronto #TOpoli

So the social media whiz kids in his office think now's the time to get back to beating the Sugar Beach dead-and-completely-buried horse? Is this even real? I honestly checked 3 times that it wasn't a parody account.

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 3m
I am extremely frustrated with the latest examples of wasteful spending at Waterfront Toronto. 1/2 #Toronto #TOpoli

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 2m
$337K for sand at Sugar Beach is simply unacceptable. http://bit.ly/1s8eHON 2/2 #Toronto #TOpoli
Remember Plan B is Plan A, double down.......

I hope they televise the proceedings. Can't wait to see Rob lying himself into a corner and Doug facepalming and seething in the audience.

Court proceedings aren't televised in Canada. And anything that is said will be banned from publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back