212     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 868     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 547     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Stintz drops out, then suddenly backs Ford, the Fords may have some serious dirt on her. Maybe I'm just watching too many episodes of House of Cards (like there could be too many).

So long as nobody publishes photos of Rob in the shower.

McRobb told me she was on a waiting list for rehab yesterday because she couldn't afford a more accessible option. Then Lisi chimed in on her account talkin about me doing acid in high school etc. Now suddenly she's in rehab? Also how did she afford GreenStone then?

There are a couple of strategies for no-hope mayoral candidates to employ (at this point assuming it will be everyone other than Tory/Chow):

1. Withdraw completely by Sep 12th. Highly unlikely for anyone barring something brazen (ahem)
2. Drop down to a ward position by Sep 12th. Ford and Stintz could both do this credibly, maybe Soks but hard to see why he would want that. If Stintz/Soks do this they are probably gunning for deputy mayor / budget chief (which is hardly worth the effort of running for mayor). Tory/Chow of course have no chance at this option
3. "Withdraw" from the race after Sep 12th but your name must stay on the ballot. Stintz is the only one who could pull this off. If she does then you have to assume that she's really got her sights set on a federal seat. She'll have lined up a cushy radio spot or board chair position to keep her name in the news until 2015. No advantage for Soks to do this unless he gets a sweet deal from the eventual winner.
4. Fight to the end and expect to lose. This is the most likely outcome for Soks and Ford. Stintz could also take this path, but if she wants to run federally then a gracious withdrawal is a better setup. You go down with honour and all that, but staying to the end squanders whatever political capital you still have
4a. Post loss, have your designated patsy resign their just-won ward seat and trigger a mandatory by-election. This may be a fantasy Plan C for the Ford camp, but is high risk and would likely suffer from voter blowback. The Fords could certainly try something this stupid, but not the others

Expect to see some or all of the above come to pass. Looking forward to 4a especially, though.

How about “Soks for Mayor!†Free neon socks to the first 1000 people! Wear ‘em with your summer sandals and make them the most political footwear ever! Just wait til we get this thing into October when the weather’s colder, it’ll be neon 80s-style leg warmers for everybody!

Or maybe: "Sok it to *me*?"

richardnixon.jpg

Do you think her constituents (in North Toronto where they have thumbs and can read for themselves) will reward her if they see she helped Ford stay in the race? With a 60 percent split for Stintz you only need a pissed off electorate to dump her the way the Beaches dumped Sandra Bussin. If Stintz thinks Ford can win she's playing roulette with her political career for sure.

Especially keeping in mind that in 2010, her ward *didn't* vote for Ford. (Too much North Toronto sensible-skepticism. And as such, seems more like natural John Tory country on the default.)

I don't see Soknacki bowing out to become councillor. He wouldn't aim for Ainslie's ward since Ainslie is working with him, and that's Soknacki's old ward.

A different longer-term council possibility: replacing Ron Moeser next door (who's had his health problems)

McRobb told me she was on a waiting list for rehab yesterday because she couldn't afford a more accessible option. Then Lisi chimed in on her account talkin about me doing acid in high school etc. Now suddenly she's in rehab? Also how did she afford GreenStone then?

Doing Acid in High school. Bwahahahahaha. Trudeau admitted to smoking weed while a sitting MP. That's the best they can dig up?

Who cares....

Last edited:

Geez. Looks like you've found yourself in the middle of a real high school soap opera... no envy here.
These losers (Ford, Lisi, McRobb etc...) are just a bunch stunted teens who never really got the skills (emotional, mental...) to make it in the real world as functioning adults without their parents help.
I'm going to assume that the family money in McRobbs life has pulled out after her latest f-ups and has possibly been replaced by the Fords.

I'm going to assume that the family money in McRobbs life has pulled out after her latest f-ups and has possibly been replaced by the Fords.

I'm inclined to agree with this. If you're in the Ford camp, you're pissed that she spoke out, but you don't cut her off because you need her to stay quiet in the future. Set her up with a paralegal and have Mr. Bedbugs keep a close eye on her. Make this go away as quietly as possible.

Kinda weird that SL has access to her account. Either he has her account details or physical access to her computer or a computer/device she used.

When Ford's drug use first came up he made threats about other members of City Hall not keeping their noses clean. Stintz aka Ditz probably did lines with him one night and he's got a pic or other proof, likely video from Muzik.

This is just a wild guess on my part but it fits his MO.

And it fits the narrative so far. Stintz has been treating Ford with kids glove so far in the campaign, the visit to his office, her reaction when she left and suddenly the jamming issue was "settled"! Maybe she was finally made aware their drug taking was captured on vid or pics.

What I'm still trying to figure out is RoFo's price for keeping it under wraps.

Maybe she was finally made aware their drug taking was captured on vid or pics.

Wouldn't shock me if City Hall security does more than just shove the media out of Ford's way. They can go anywhere in the building at any time.

Put the dots together, sheeple.

And it fits the narrative so far. Stintz has been treating Ford with kids glove so far in the campaign, the visit to his office, her reaction when she left and suddenly the jamming issue was "settled"! Maybe she was finally made aware their drug taking was captured on vid or pics.

What I'm still trying to figure out is RoFo's price for keeping it under wraps.

What Stintz needs to read into this is if the populace is now indifferent to Ford's drug use - nobody will care about her behavior if this is the alleged case mentioned in the previous posts. Just be a little brave... Nobody really cares ... until you lie about it.

Or... Are Stintz and RoFo having/had (some sort of other relationship)??? Would explain the "jamming" comment (which is just weird and juvenile)...

Explains the weird loyalty. Power drunk delusions, weirder soap operas have happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back