261     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the IC and CCed Daniel Dale, Don Peat and Marcus Gee.

Hi Ms.Leiper

I'd like to make a complaint for investigation.

Rob Ford has a campaign video on his campaign website (http://www.robfordformayor.ca/). This video was shot in his City of Toronto office.

This is in direct contravention of City of Toronto Policy on Use of City Resources
during an Election (Section B3) (http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro.../Use of City Resources during an Election.pdf)

I look forward to hearing the results of your investigation.

Apparently the campaign video was taken down to blur the phone #'s, then put back up.

Jackson ProskowVerified account ‏@JProskowGlobal
Looks like the Rob Ford campaign has taken down the new video that was filmed in the mayor's office.

https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/494551104684695554

Josh Visser ‏@joshvisser 25s
@JProskowGlobal They put a new one up. It blurs the numbers.

Nice to see that his office is capable of following rules that it see fit to follow.

AoD

So Blair was pushed? Fatso's still MiNO, so he didn't have the power to axe Blair...or did he? Whatever, this is still going to be seen as a "victory" for Ford. Kinda reminds me of the old 60's Batman episode in which the Penguin runs for Mayor, and threatens to have the Joker and the Riddler installed as Commissioner and Chief of Police if he wins.

A few pages back, someone made the comment that Blair's conduct over the past 2 years was not because he actually expected to nail Ford, but because he (stupidly) assumed Mayor Assclown would resign in shame once details of his scuzzball criminality became public knowledge. If this is accurate in any way, then Blair most certainly has himself to thank for everything going badly, including his contract not being renewed.

The second video link on the RobFordForMayor website (Videos) shows a city council meeting. Is this not also using City Hall premises for campaign purposes?

Blair was in a tough situation investigating a member of the Toronto Police Services Board. And I doubt Ford recused himself from the vote to dismiss Blair.

Let's take a look at a random 905 number on Rob's call sheet:

905-851-6328
Macgregor's Meat & Seafood
60 Hanlan Road, Woodbridge
Co-owners: Don & Duncan Macgregor

Ford's 2010 Donor List:
Macgregor, Duncan $600

Who says money doesn't buy access?

Ok my humble attempt at complaining has been sent!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. Leiper,

I'm writing today, as I'm sure many others are (and have been), to lodge a complaint against Mayor Rob Ford for, yet again, breaking the rules.

In his latest campaign video posted on his campaign website (http://www.robfordformayor.ca/) there is a video that he was seen shooting during work hours in his mayoral office. (https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/489407111814586369)

While reviewing the City of Toronto Policy on Use of City Resources* during an election, it seems to me that his campaign video violates at least B1, B2 and B3. However, since he was granted a permit to campaign in a public park in direct violation of B4, I highly doubt that he will face any sort of retribution for his continual rule-breaking for his latest offense.

If by chance he is found guilty, I assume that the punishment will be for him to sputter out an insincere apology and move on. I am only sending this email due to the principle of the matter, and not because I have any faith that Mayor (in name only) Rob Ford will face any consequences for his blatant disregard to the rules of the City. I continue to be ashamed to call myself a Torontonian.

I am also copying the office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner and attaching a small screen grab of the video where constituents phone numbers are on display for all to see. Please note that if you watch the video in full screen mode that the numbers are much more visible than in this low-res picture. There are reports on Twitter by a Toronto Star reporter that one of the numbers belongs to a 15y/o minor who did not authorize their number to be used.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

*http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro.../Use of City Resources during an Election.pdf

Excellent! :)

Let's take a look at a random 905 number on Rob's call sheet:

905-851-6328
Macgregor's Meat & Seafood
60 Hanlan Road, Woodbridge
Co-owners: Don & Duncan Macgregor

Ford's 2010 Donor List:
Macgregor, Duncan $600

Who says money doesn't buy access?

Working hard for the people of... um, Woodbridge.

So Blair was pushed? Fatso's still MiNO, so he didn't have the power to axe Blair...or did he? Whatever, this is still going to be seen as a "victory" for Ford. Kinda reminds me of the old 60's Batman episode in which the Penguin runs for Mayor, and threatens to have the Joker and the Riddler installed as Commissioner and Chief of Police if he wins.

A few pages back, someone made the comment that Blair's conduct over the past 2 years was not because he actually expected to nail Ford, but because he (stupidly) assumed Mayor Assclown would resign in shame once details of his scuzzball criminality became public knowledge. If this is accurate in any way, then Blair most certainly has himself to thank for everything going badly, including his contract not being renewed.

Well, if nothing else Blair's still going to outlast Ford by a few months.

Apparently the campaign video was taken down to blur the phone #'s, then put back up.

Jackson ProskowVerified account ‏@JProskowGlobal
Looks like the Rob Ford campaign has taken down the new video that was filmed in the mayor's office.

https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/494551104684695554

Josh Visser ‏@joshvisser 25s
@JProskowGlobal They put a new one up. It blurs the numbers.

mmm, except there are photos circulating all over twitter so good mayor asshat did that but too little too late imo.

you'd think they would quality check and follow rules already - not like no one is noticing their flagrant disregard of rules.

what i just don't get is why people still want to support someone who clearly doesn't care about doing illegal things or ignoring the rules.

guess it's just me and my small mindedness.

Ford's handwritten callback list is another example of how the Fords do tactics instead of strategy:

- It's clearly his handwriting. Why didn't someone else screen the calls and give him the summaries? Waste of time
- There's no room anywhere to write down a response, follow-up or additional data. He has no way of actioning the calls
- He's not tracking if the person answers - just calls. If he calls back and you aren't home then too bad
- Nothing is getting entered into a database, which means no metrics and no proof or performance tracking

Ford is generating a shitload of valuable data (both for him and for the city), which could be obtained with less effort than he currently spends doing it by hand. Ford gets the tactical win (quick call with an appreciative voter) but misses the ability to do anything strategic with the data. And that, folks, is why retail politics wins elections but doesn't run cities.

I'm not a tinfoil hat type but I can't help wondering about the factors at play in this, and what will come of it. Now that Blair's in the lame duck position, he obviously has less need to be cautious in his actions (i.e. working more aggressively to nail Ford), but he's also more vulnerable to charges of score-settling. Will the leaks start popping all over the place? Will the video come out? The mind reels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back