823     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto City Hall needs security staff, not celebrity-style bodyguards for the mayor: Editorial
Toronto security staff should act with civility and restraint. They are city employees, not the mayor’s personal bodyguards, and should act as such.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/edit...style_bodyguards_for_the_mayor_editorial.html
That is so intetesting! We were talking about this very issue on twitter last night. Now I do wonder if the media peeps get their story ideas from here and topoli. :)

FC lost too, what can that bastard not F up, simply for being?

Errr ........ no they didn't

BsY-YV-CMAAd9jq.jpg

My bad. I'd seen a score update on twitter a long while ago, then on TSN the final (for the game last week) without checking the date or opponent... (yeah Defoe for 2 more! FWTW)

Male corset, the kind they have people wear after bypass surgery or lipo. (Although I don't think he had either.) You can totally see the corset effect in some pics from July 1. I'll see if I can track them down.

Last edited:
Has R Ford taken to wearing Spanx at outings? He seems to have lost 40 pounds in the selfies compared to the less than svelt form over the four days at Council at least according to the Rogers Community Cam....

I think it will take something more....eh.....substantial than Spanx! Extra strength girdle maybe?:)

Iola said in that Youtube video that she came down for the PanAm games.

Not according to this:

iola%20fortino.png

The woman who commented on it looks like the woman in the video with her rambling nonsense.

So I went to her page too.

Joy.png

She suffers brain damage apparently.

Didn't he also take a private jet to his Kimmel appearance? That one surprised even me.

Much as it seems futile to try to pin Ford on anything, I wonder if someone couldn't trip him up on the spendaphobic thing. He once got a lot of mileage out of living in a modest house and driving a beater van. But recently he took a private plane to Chicago only to turn around a come back. How much does that cost?

Shirtless John Furr ‏@JohnFurrToronto 17m
Next Tuesday's #RobFord protest will be peaceful & respectful one on public property, and we've informed the debate venue owners #TOpoli

Info on debate:

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/4620312-mayoral-debate-set-for-scarborough/
Mayoral debate set for Scarborough
Canadian Tamil Congress hosts event at Global Kingdom Ministries
Scarborough Mirror

A leading voice in Toronto’s Tamil community is hosting a debate on Tuesday, July 15, between people who want to be the city’s next mayor.

Five candidates for the top job - Olivia Chow, Rob Ford, David Soknacki, Karen Stintz and John Tory - are confirmed for the event at Global Kingdom Ministries, 1250 Markham Rd., north of Ellesmere Road.

Facebook event too:
https://www.facebook.com/events/468852446551114/
Scarborough Mayoral Debate -Protest Rob Ford
4 going

15 July - 16 July
15 July at 17:30 to 16 July at 21:30 in EDT

Global Kingdom Ministries Inc. 1250 Markham Road Scarborough, ON M1H 2Y9

Protest Rob Ford's Arrival and Departure to the Scarborough Mayoral Debate...

Help send a message Rob Ford that Toronto has had enough of his racism, homophobia and misogyny.

Protest Rules will be posted over the weekend. Feel free to wear shirts!

Last edited:
Much as it seems futile to try to pin Ford on anything, I wonder if someone couldn't trip him up on the spendaphobic thing. He once got a lot of mileage out of living in a modest house and driving a beater van. But recently he took a private plane to Chicago only to turn around a come back. How much does that cost? And then he was bragging about rehab costing $100,000. In his private life, due to his poor judgement and erratic behaviour, he seems to have blown incredible amounts of money lately. When he tries to toss that off as personal then remind him of the added costs of the Scarborough subway.

The modest house and car make sense to me given both his lifestyle and what he was trying to sell politically. If you're hanging around with low level dealers and gang members and smoking crack and shooting up heroin in your basement, it probably doesn't make much sense to have an expensive house knowing it will get trashed. Plus you probably don't want to let on to that sort of crowd just how much money you actually have. And most people didn't know until the crack scandal just how wealthy he was, so appearing to live modestly no doubt helped him politically. Heck, even people around here didn't know. Until he started taking private jets around you could have told me the trust fund only paid out $100k/year and I'd have believed it.

Also:
I am Shirtless! ‏@ShirtlessHorde 32m
We can arrange for rides to the #RobFord Protest from the McCowan RT Station if anyone needs, just DM or request on FB page #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back