936     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 513     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is most likely to pick up the Escalade?
• RoFo himself
• McRob
• An employee of Deco or the leasing company
• Another tow truck
• Doug
• Nobody at all

No mention of any other swimmers. Which is why I tried to verify the story in the Star archives.

So, just more of the Fords' self-mythologizing bullshit, like the Tragically Hip giving free concerts at their home. What a surprise.

So, just more of the Fords' self-mythologizing bullshit, like the Tragically Hip giving free concerts at their home. What a surprise.

Also, the comment about Doug Sr. being the founder of Deco when he was a partner of the other guy.

Also, the comment about Doug Sr. being the founder of Deco when he was a partner of the other guy.

Also, the part where the entire Ford family gets deported to Buttfeck, New Jungle.

Okay, i just made that up. But what's good for the goose...

Who is most likely to pick up the Escalade?
• RoFo himself
• McRob
• An employee of Deco or the leasing company
• Another tow truck
• Doug
• Nobody at all

Gambling sites let you put bets on everything, I surprised they haven't placed betting odds on it.

I searched the Toronto Star archives for the 1954 Lake Ontario swim.

Lots on Marilyn Bell, but I saw nothing about "Douglas Ford" or "Doug Ford". Not saying it's not true, but I couldn't find any evidence of it in the Star's 1954 online archives.

Also, if DoFo Sr. was born in 1933 ( according to Wikipedia ), that would have made him 19 in 1954.

Yeah, I think DoFo has been editing the Wikipedia page, since the math doesn't add up and no one can find any evidence for the claim. The city's press release on the park naming says "He was a championship swimmer and, at the age of 16, became the youngest person ever to attempt the annual CNE marathon swim across Lake Ontario." The CNE had annual marathon swims, though until 1954, they were lap contests inside the breakwater or in a triangular course outside it -- not attempts to cross the lake. It's possible he entered the 1949 race when he was 16, but I can't find any references in the Globe or Torstar archives for that year. And all the reports of the 1954 marathon mention only a small handful of proven marathoners. Smacks of FoFam BS to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back