108     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 510     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all Id, all the time, with these guys.

"Would you follow Rob Ford against the zombie apocalypse horde?

That’s just the question asked by one Toronto man and turns out many of you would"
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=198053

They would totally eat him first. So glad the Griffenis getting cash out of this. They are amazing people who work with some difficult youth. In my professional life, I've come across the Griffen Centre a few times and have always been deeply impressed.

I didn't see it but apparently doug was on cp24 doubling down on his comments. Claimed the autistic kids have caused property values to drop by 100 thousand dollars and called the situation a 'nightmare'.

The funny bit is douggie probably doing more to damage property values with his hyperbolic mischaracterizing of the group home and pulling numbers out of his ass. The guy is an asshole. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
I didn't see it but apparently doug was on cp24 doubling down on his comments. Claimed the autistic kids have caused property values to drop by 100 thousand dollars and called the situation a 'nightmare'.

How many other streets are similar to Jeffcoat in Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough? The traditional heart of Ford Nation.

I wonder how this will play with home owners on Jeffcoat-type streets in those three areas?
http://www.cp24.com/news/doug-ford-defends-comments-about-group-home-1.1827089

Last edited:
Griffen Centre should call Ford's bluff. "$5 million and the house is yours, Doug. We're waiting for your cheque".

With that money they could open a few more homes in Etobicoke.

I was not aware that the Province of Ontario had closed the Thistletown Regional Centre.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...g_closing_of_thistletown_regional_centre.html

It reminds me, on a much - much - lesser scale, of the of the deinstitutionalization of Queen Street Mental Hospital and the Lakeshore Provincial Psychiatric Hospital ( as they were named at the time ) by the Province of Ontario.

Thousands of patients were discharged from Queen Street and Lakeshore into South Parkdale in the early 1980s in favour of “community-based care.”

Whether deinstitutionalization was the correct political decision by the province is not for me to say. But, I was stationed on Strachan Ave. during that period and clearly remember the overwhelming effect it had on emergency services and

the South Parkdale community.

Hopefully, the province learned a valuable lesson from it?

Last edited:
Not sure....RoFo said something very similar about homeless shelters 12 years ago.
[video=youtube;8YZQ4oQjxgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YZQ4oQjxgc[/video]

This video was back when Rob Ford was still a Councillor. People heard it, but they still voted for him and promoted him to Mayor.

Hey, this is a free country. I have every right to kick people out of my neighbouhood--
From CP24:

Ford had harsh words for Rae and accused the former Ontario premier of sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong.

“Bob Rae doesn’t have a clue what’s going on in that neighbourhood,” Ford said. “Maybe he should get his elitist, pompous self over there. Maybe we should put a house right beside his house because I know he lives in an absolute gorgeous area. I’d like to see his reaction.”

Keep talking...

ddale8 10:03am via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford says he'd be happy take the addresses of his critics and put the home for youth next door to them.

I wonder how much the houses on RoFo's street have depreciated....
Also, we need a "crackstarter" campaign to raise money to buy both houses on either side of DoFo, so the Griffin centre can have 2 nice big homes for youth.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the houses on RoFo's street have depreciated....

ford pointing this sm.jpg

Attachments

• ford pointing this sm.jpg
    ford pointing this sm.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 763
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back