4.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chow has some good thoughts on transit. She certainly might have greater appeal to the immigrant and visible minority community. I'm not convinced she actually does remember the value of the dollar given her spending habits.

NDP would likely bankrupt us.

I'm not sold on Chow because she doesn't leave me with the impression that she has the energy to do the job, but I'm interested in your assertions about her propensity to foolhardy spending. Is that based on anything in particular, or more of a generalized feeling about "the NDP"? Sorry about OT

Even if that question is satisfied it comes a year too late. Their entire crisis control has ben astoundingly horrific. It is the equivalent of announcing on the public address system, "spill on aisle 9" only to discover that aisle 9 just had an airliner crash into it....
I guess that is what I meant by unprecedented. The Fords have crashed a 747 non-whisper-lite jumbo jet into Canadian politics.

(I didn't want to say unprecedented in the world, because there are many Shakespearian plays which deal with the same subject matter of corruption, greed and murder by those supposed to be "governing".)

The fact that there are now academics studying the rofo phenomenon puts it into a class beyond late night comic commentary.

This thread has read like a 4000 part interactive miniseries. We now have been both spectator and participant in this saga.

At UT, I have learned all about the connections with organized crime, the corruption in the police, government, and business, and about the familial disfunction that allow this mind boggling stupidity to continue.

Our citizen journalism, and outlandish conspiracies, have helped make sense of, and to write, this epic 21st century, web-based tale.

Unprecedented.

Last edited:
]

Off the rehab topic, but if the hints are true that Renata is divorcing Rob, I sincerely hope, in my tiny black heart, that she held out until the middle of the election campaign period to mess up his game even more.

I thought the split was confirmed by Mayor Niblets himself?
"... I'm in Divorce..." or something like that from Joey Worms' latest bombshell.
He also allegedly advised the head-in-the-cab twitter kid "biggest mistake of your life" upon hearing of the kid's impending marriage, so I think it's a reality. Just need Mayor Doug to deny it, for confirmation.

I'm sure that Rob Ford actually waited to disappear until the provincial election was forecast and about to go ahead so that he would not appear to support Tim Hudak. Tim Hudak should be grateful that Rob Ford is not appearing beside him to support him.

Still, there is the problem of Doug Ford showing his support.

This might be another ill-advised Ford "prank" on the media. Anyone remember David Blaine or the hot dog mob?

reporterdonpeat 11:42am via iOS
Lots of media in front of Mayor Rob Ford's office waiting for Doug Ford's promised proof of rehab.

What else have you got to do??? It's not like you're running an election campaign or being a city councillor.

lizchurchto 11:22am via TweetDeck
"I'm working on it. Every media outlet in the world is calling me. I'm trying to get to it," Doug Ford on proof Rob Ford in rehab.

Last edited:
Has anybody come up with the word "proofiness" yet? (Hat tip to Mr. Colbert.) I wonder if we'll get a chance to try it out today, after Doug's announcement.

Please don't use that f word. It should be banned from ever being used in Toronto again.

Haha - I only recently realized how much I used that word irl - and now I stop myself from using it when speaking.

However, the use of the 'f' word in this post was deliberate - I was trying to be funny by mimicking DoFo. (...I guess if I have to explain the joke it's not funny). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back