1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BmmXdB7IUAAS6n-.jpg

Used the N word in relation to Jones!

Also it looks like Jimmi's word that the dealer is out of town is true, as he is in Kingston.

Last edited:
From Robyn Doolittle's blog:

"The Globe broke the story Wednesday night in the middle of a Toronto news tsunami. The Globe put the allegations to the mayor around 8 p.m. Shortly after, the Toronto Sun announced Ford had contacted them to say he would be stepping aside temporarily to get treatment. The Sun then revealed it had obtained an audio recording of Ford making racist, sexist and homophobic comments. Then the Globe published our story . And THEN the Star went with a piece about the mayor at Muzik nightclub, possibly snorting cocaine."

I think this is the sequence of events that finally brought on the whole "rehab" thing.

The Star story is incredible. I REALLY want someone to buy those videos. One of them needs to be released. (just please not the rumoured sex tape).

It seems to be the drug dealer's account of the evening, rather than something caught on tape? Hmm. Loses credibility a little.

Do the Ford brothers believe they can just coast back into town after 30 days and pick up the campaign where they left off after this?

The thing about the new crack video is that there is no audio. We will never hear Ford say this stuff - it's all just an account of the evening according to the dealer. And that sucks.

(shout-out to Jimmi T for calling this article)!

Edit - whoops - Dubster beat me to it!

Do the Ford brothers believe they can just coast back into town after 30 days and pick up the campaign where they left off after this?

My guess would be no. I think it's finally hit them that everything has been ruined. After nearly a year, these shenanigans seem to have finally caught up to them.

I believe this to be entirely correct. The camera part anyway. The framing in the screenshots is too deliberate and consistent to be merely opportunistic. Maybe the rest of the video is random and shaky with the subject flitting in and out of a static frame. But the stills provided look framed and blocked. Even purposefully 'lit' to make activity depicted clear and discernible. Not sure about the motives attributed in the quote above, but the whole thing seems fabricated with some intent and goal in mind.

Hmm. Possible alternate explanation: R. Ford, S. Lisi, and K. Ford are the stupidest trio ever to be at the centre of a major news story. If there are 8 minutes of video, just by sheer luck a few frames will be well-lit with RoFo staring straight at the camera-dude's strangely chunky eyeglass frames. (That theory is shot if it's known that the vid was made with a smartphone, not a tiny, hard-to-see camera.)

Counter to that, tinfoil, level 1: Doug has had enough, sends some minion to get the pipe shot. Or Rob has had enough, sends some minion to get the pipe shot.

Tinfoil, level 2: S. Harper wants to get something truly awful done, needs a major distraction, so makes a few calls to put Operation Buttonville in motion.

Occam's Razor says: Stupidest Trio Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back