News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
sixrings:

That just tells you how much more toxic the crowd we're dealing with is.

AoD

I think part of it is apathy. The other part is that the one rich white guy is owns a team and people understand he can be replaced which doesn't effect them. The other rich guy runs the city with promises to not raise taxes and the people believe that he is the only one to do it. Both are not right but one is self serving that the taxes will allegedly stay low.

The longer the Mystery of the Missing DoFo goes on, the more I can't wait to see how it plays out. If no media people seemingly know where he is, are they going to catch him in the inevitable lie as usual? What's he even going to say??

A plea to my fellow UTers: if any confusion or FUD arises in your convos about this subject, please help spread the word that there is no family or other connection between Russ and RoFo. There is just the accident of having the same last name - one that is fairly common - and running in the same part of the city (Etobicoke).
yes, this is an extremely annoying element of this saga. I mean, there's no point searching for the terms "Ford" and "dealer" together thanks to the car company. :mad:

The infamous Esso gasoline station at Edenbridge and Scarlett Road was closed yesterday for some work on the canopy.

Trying to disguise it somehow?

A few weeks ago a canopy collapsed at a Shell station.
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/14/2-cars-trapped-after-gas-station-roof-collapses-in-mississauga/

Someone I talked to said the screws were put in the wrong way (!) and they were looking for other stations that used the same guys to do the installation because they fear if they did it in the same boneheaded way, the same thing will happen!.

The longer the Mystery of the Missing DoFo goes on, the more I can't wait to see how it plays out. If no media people seemingly know where he is, are they going to catch him in the inevitable lie as usual? What's he even going to say??

If Doug just didn't come back, who would miss him?

Surely not Ward 2 constituents, who don't have a Councillor.
Certainly not Council, as Doug is a bully for whom loyalty is a one way street.
Definitely not the people of Toronto, as Doug is... what? Rob Ford but without crack-smoking or that curious charm he exerts on his supporters?
Likely not the media, since he often slanders them.
Perhaps not even Rob, since Doug is always telling him what to do.

My bet is he's shoring up Deco and/or just taking time off from the stress of his other two jobs. Y'know, Fake Campaign Manager and Fake Councillor.

Last edited:
Strangely, I was thinking of RoFo during last week's Game of Thrones. Tywin Lannister said that King Robert thought that winning and ruling were the same thing. I said, 'like Ford' to Mr. Soop.

And, to relate to euler's post, Tywin also said that a wise king understands his own weaknesses and listens to the smart people around him (paraphrased, obviously). I said, 'unlike Ford' to Mr. Soop.

Show Tywin is so much better than Book Tywin. D&D really captured the essence of that character, and Charles Dance is awesome.

And can dance.

[video=youtube;TbwroS0YP54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwroS0YP54[/video]

I just saw RoFo on City News talking about the Scarborough subway. I couldn't really concentrate on what he was saying because he has a zit the size of a volkswagen on his cheek.

I smell a twitter parody account name!! :p

Presumably somebody has asked his staff? What's the answer been?

Presumably somebody has asked his staff? What's the answer been?

People on this board and on twitter have mentioned asking their media connections, and nobody seems to know anything. I certainly hope at this point someone is doing some concerted digging.

juniorstaff.jpg

Attachments

• juniorstaff.jpg
    juniorstaff.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 822
Ford's staff have blocked @robfordmustgo as well as Chris Caple's personal account (the RFMG founder) on twitter. That seems kind of odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back