694     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 606     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 747     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched "Rewind: History of the TTC subway" on the citynews.ca site (poorly titled; it is an old newsreel about the start of building the YUS, not a history of the TTC). I learned that the motto of the old city of Toronto was "Industry, Intelligence, Integrity." If they hadn't had to change it because of amalgamation, they'd sure as hell have had to change it because of Ford.

Diametric.

So I am fairly skeptical but thought I'd share here for other opinions.

This account started tweeting at media today that she knew about RF smoking crack and "worse things" while he was staying at the Grand at the time Harper had that party. She's been trickling out stuff all day. Seems to be stalling so I am really not sure how for-real she is.

Someone just asked her, as follow up, what's worse than crack? And she said "child sexual abuse." Mind you, she was careful not to SAY that's what RF was doing, but certainly intimated it. Do you think this could be what MM means by "heinous"? As much as I hate RF, I do not want this to be true.

----

I didn't know how to paste these tweets here cleanly, but the first line of each entry I've posted is the original poster, the one directly below is the respondent.

@RaeDeeton 5h
@goldsbie @r4v4g3dsku11s emails that alerted a small group of people to a serious problem at 25 mutual street. More serious than crack!

(a few hours later)

‏@BastienKate
@RaeDeeton I am curious about what is "worse than crack" (?)

‏@RaeDeeton 42m
@BastienKate child sexual abuse.

I really, really hope that allegation is not true. Because, I mean, it may be the only thing that shakes supporters loose finally, but imagining it is just... fuuuck. It does sound unlikely to be true anyway.

So I am fairly skeptical but thought I'd share here for other opinions.

This account started tweeting at media today that she knew about RF smoking crack and "worse things" while he was staying at the Grand at the time Harper had that party. She's been trickling out stuff all day. Seems to be stalling so I am really not sure how for-real she is.

Someone just asked her, as follow up, what's worse than crack? And she said "child sexual abuse." Mind you, she was careful not to SAY that's what RF was doing, but certainly intimated it. Do you think this could be what MM means by "heinous"? As much as I hate RF, I do not want this to be true.

----

I didn't know how to paste these tweets here cleanly, but the first line of each entry I've posted is the original poster, the one directly below is the respondent.

@RaeDeeton 5h
@goldsbie @r4v4g3dsku11s emails that alerted a small group of people to a serious problem at 25 mutual street. More serious than crack!

(a few hours later)

‏@BastienKate

‏@RaeDeeton 42m

Gross and disturbing but I mentioned before, when I heard the word "heinous" my first thought was what he accused Dale of. I hope it's not true.

One assumes that Lisi operates on a cash-only basis.

As in, envelopes containing cash?

Maybe someday, somewhere, a script writer will pen the tale of a large family run business that rang non-cash transactions through its coffers in exchange for a cut.

Why are the press/media still giving him SO much attention? I understand the "newsworthy" perspective but its like giving the one bully out of 50 good people all the attention and forgetting the good of the remaining 49. The bully is getting exactly what they want...attention. If Rob wants to show up for or arrange his own interview, then why doesn't the interviewer professionally and calmly hammer away at the same couple of questions until Rob leaves, which he will...he won't have another option. Then the media can concentrate on the other candidates and educate the public thru these interviews with elaborating on their campaign platforms. Ignore Rob and Doug until they cry for attention. TPS is doing what they have to do with respect to investigations, dotting their I's crossing their T's and when the real shit hits the fan then we can take it from there. In other words, be there with the cameras and mics but basically just ask him NOTHING.

Having said all that...Rob is getting more and more name recognition, keeping "Ford" in the headlines which is exactly what Rob and Doug see as successful campaigning. He has nothing noteworthy to say, and he won't comment on anything that makes him feel uncomfortable.

He gets the most attention because he's the most likely to say or do something crazy. It's not any more complicated than that.

You basically said it yourself - "if you can't afford to". If you or your family are struggling to survive just on your own, why the hell would you have a kid? I mean, gosh, if you can barely make the rent you shouldn't go out and buy a 60 inch plasma TV on credit. People do, though, and they have kids when they have no hope of providing for them in the immediate future, and I completely reserve the right to judge people for doing that.

I don't think that's a "Ford Nation" ideology at all. I think if you were to stereotype Ford supporters, they would say that 'children are a blessing and a miracle and finances don't matter'.

And I would roll my eyes.

You do do you? You're no better than an advocate for eugenics. What a pile of garbage you just wrote there. So you're condemning all the young girls who get pregnant to a life of poverty and you think you should be able to mock them? That makes you a shitty person. A really shitty person.

Surprised no one's brought up the idea of Ford doing something inappropriate with Jasmine Basso-- Lena's daughter.

I just watched "Rewind: History of the TTC subway" on the citynews.ca site (poorly titled; it is an old newsreel about the start of building the YUS, not a history of the TTC). I learned that the motto of the old city of Toronto was "Industry, Intelligence, Integrity." If they hadn't had to change it because of amalgamation, they'd sure as hell have had to change it because of Ford.

Diametric.

Indeed - though the beaver may still be involved.

:
toronto.jpg

Attachments

• toronto.jpg
    toronto.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 469
@RaeDeeton 5h

(a few hours later)

‏@BastienKate

‏@RaeDeeton 42m

I posted this a bit back, I'm @r4v4g3dsku11s.

She also claims to have worked on Ford's campaign, at the request of Kouvalis.

She said she went to the police with it already. She has been very slowly talking about it since I first talked to her this morning.

It could be a dirty dirty trick by Kouvalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back