505     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, more as a devil's advocate than a supporter of any candidate, I'd say this is the situation: Rob Ford's political career is a giant meteor, hurtling earthbound at high speed, but the exact trajectory and speed are unknown, and the large and messy fallout of impact is difficult to predict. It's March now and the election is in October. If you're running a mayoral campaign, which option looks better:

(A) Do everything you can to speed up the meteor, aim its trajectory, and gain from impact.

(B) Stay out of the f***ing way, and do what you can to be in the best possible shape for whatever world we live in after impact.

Slow and awed appreciative clap for that. Great, succinct analysis (may even steal it) of the situation. Interesting to see who does what.

That was just awful to watch. A pox on all their houses. How hard is it for one of them to kick at Ford with some simple facts:

"You say that you have the best attendance record on council, so let's take May 8th 2013. You showed up to council an hour late, skipped the evening session completely and missed seventeen votes. However, you did manage to call your drug dealer eight times. Must have been a fun night, because the next day you didn't show up until after lunch. How is that respecting the taxpayer?"

I like it. But we all know what he'd say… "I can't comment on a matter that's before the courts." Even though that makes no sense.

"Mayor Ford, during your term in office Toronto witnessed many violent incidents, like the Eaton Centre and Danzig Avenue shootings, to name but two. What actions have you taken, both personally and in your role as Mayor, to help curb such gang-related violence?"

... like the Eaton Centre shooting, Danzig Avenue shooting, and gang-related killing of Anthony Smith, to name but three.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 9h
Rumors of Rob Ford's imminent arrest are spreading around TPS.

Jon Lee ‏@JonLeeOSC 55m
@MetroManTO @MarkDelbianco20 any chance that you can arrest Doug as well?

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 45m
@JonLeeOSC @MarkDelbianco20 I think he's kept his hands clean but may have helped Rob recover the tape making him accessory to obstruction

7:13 PM - 26 Mar 2014 · Details

Oh please, oh please, oh please

Don't do it to me MetroMan. I was the only one to call March 27th on the pool.
Nope - I think Parkers cat chose that date too. :)

Edited to add: Well, look at me a full fledged 'UT Member' (instead of 'New to UT') almost a year after joining.

Last edited:
When Rob Ford asks "Are you perfect" people should reply "there is a big difference between being perfect and being a COMPLETE TRAIN WRECK". Ford is a train wreck and he needs to be called out on it. He doesn't just make A MISTAKE, he makes blunder, after blunder, after massive blunder. It's not the occasional mistake that most people make, it's the fact that his mistakes happen on a regular basis. In fact, his blunders are not mistakes, they are his normal every day life. Ford's whole life is one big disaster, after another and his opponents need to make this perfectly clear. What it all boils down to is Ford has terrible judgement. It's not just a matter of him not being "perfect".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back