335     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 485     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting the fake foot and jersey are going to turn out to be for some lame Ford Nation gag or something.

I'm betting the fake foot and jersey are going to turn out to be for some lame Ford Nation gag or something.

To me, it looks like he's cleaning out old junk. You know, like packing up. I can't imagine that's the case, but there have been some weird signals in the last day or so. Rob's sudden exit at the Old Mill. Doug saying the cops are just doing their job with Brazen II. Early arrival at the office today with friendly signals to the media. It just seems so, you know.... What's the frequency, Kenneth?

(Ah crap. I've been lured in by the tinfoil gang. LOL)

I'm just biding my time, waiting for the clip tonight of Rob dancing with a dirty diaper on his head--or reaching into the trash to take a bite out of a mouldy sandwich. Dance clown, dance.

So putting my tinfoil hat on: remember how MM said the investigation involved a lot of high up officials? Well Jim Flaherty, defender of Rob Ford, just resigned out of the blue.

When MM mentioned a cabinet minister being implicated I assumed it would have to be one who resides in Toronto. I scoured the list of ministers and, unsurprisingly, only a few were from the city. Flaherty being one of them.

I haven't posted in a long time but have read just about every post. Just watched this clip of Don Peat's where he watches Ford clean his office (?) and then they discuss Jim Flaherty: http://vimeo.com/89448020

Like all-things Ford, it is so odd but what stuck me is how SAD it is. Is he removing his belonings? eg., he's carrying around a football jersey?

Why would he be at all "sad" if someone chose to leave their job for the private sector? Why wouldn't he be happy for him?

The mention by RF of JF's illness as a possible reason seems like such huge deflection--isn't that a way old issue, and didn't he have a skin condition? Wouldn't he know the reason for resigning and/or JF's health status, if they were so close? Would a federal cabinet minister from Toronto, even not being friends, potentially inform a the mayor of Toronto of their plan to resign?

They haven't talked, he says, yet his whole family has already had a huddle about it??

ps. All of these is coloured by MetroMan's suggestion that JF may be in the ITO (coming out tomorrow).

Last edited:
Flaherty isn't in tomorrow's Ito. Just an FYI as some have speculated about this. Tomorrow's document is like Ito light. Lawyers also working on getting the really good stuff in recent itos, but that will take more time.
If tomorrow is anything like the past, I'm guessing we'll get a heavily redacted ITO and then, hopefully, later an uncensored one.

The foot is probably from when his office was decorated for halloween. Either that or he killed someone and he's just showing off. What a jerk.

You are correct...

reporterdonpeat 6:33pm via iOS
I'm told the foot Mayor Rob Ford was holding today is an old Halloween decoration.

There's Sandro related stuff in tomorrow's Ito that will stay redacted until his trial. But the really good stuff I referred to is in a whole new document media still have to try to unseal. That one includes stuff from Sandros phone.

Goddamnit, why's this thing gotta be paced like an HBO prestige drama?

Thanks for the info, Jimmi T. I think the media was reporting weeks ago that there's only about 50 new pages in this latest ITO and it's being lumped into the previous ITO documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back