333     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 575     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but it feels like people are just getting ahead of themselves and assuming a given for Ford's arrest and removal from the municipal scene. As much as I would also like that to happen, I think that as of now nothing is certain, and things that appear a certain way may not actually be that way in reality. Hindsight is 20/20, but predictions are rarely completely assumed.

I just don't want people to be disappointed like the conflict-of-interest ruling last time.

People on this forum didn't just fall off the turnip truck. They have read far more than the average person on Ford's activities and associations. The have read, for example, the Lisi ITO (which, by the way, I consider a pre-requisite before I'll listen to anybody's opinion on anything Ford-related). If we are speculating on an arrest day, it's because we expect him to be arrested for his violations of various laws.

As for the conflict-of-interest ruling, you shouldn't be disappointed. There were many days when I'd think, "If only we'd listened to Justice Hackland", but then I realize that being removed from office on a technicality before any of this crack stuff broke would have assured Ford victory in the 2014 election.

I just don't want people to be disappointed like the conflict-of-interest ruling last time.
I, for one, wasn't disappointed with the ruling. The judge did find Ford to be in conflict and declared his seat vacant. It just so happens that the ruling was overturned. Doesn't eliminate the fact that he was found to be in the wrong.

People on this forum didn't just fall off the turnip truck. They have read far more than the average person on Ford's activities and associations. The have read, for example, the Lisi ITO (which, by the way, I consider a pre-requisite before I'll listen to anybody's opinion on anything Ford-related). If we are speculating on an arrest day, it's because we expect him to be arrested for his violations of various laws.

As for the conflict-of-interest ruling, you shouldn't be disappointed. There were many days when I'd think, "If only we'd listened to Justice Hackland", but then I realize that being removed from office on a technicality before any of this crack stuff broke would have assured Ford victory in the 2014 election.

No, we're not just off the truck; pls don't deny us the joy of betting on something that may never happen :) I go for Mar 10.

I don't know, but it feels like people are just getting ahead of themselves and assuming a given for Ford's arrest and removal from the municipal scene. As much as I would also like that to happen, I think that as of now nothing is certain, and things that appear a certain way may not actually be that way in reality. Hindsight is 20/20, but predictions are rarely completely assumed.

I am disappointed that I have an idiot for a mayor.
I am disappointed that people in this city voted for an idiot for mayor.

Will I be disappointed if RoFo isn't arrested on April 19th so I can win the arrest pool, of course, but I promise I'll get over it. ;)

I'm really confused.
Why the heck is Jimmy Kimmel having Rob Ford on the show after all the stuff he's made fun of him for?

Also, is something about to happen that I have missed out on? Everyone is talking about an arrest, and I really don't want to read 30 pages.

He won't go quietly.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while. It would not surprise me if he took some sort of legal action in an attempt to discredit any election result that went against him. Hard to pull off if he loses by 40%, but not something I'd put beyond him for a second. Because no process that results in anything other than the Fords getting exactly what they want can be fair (in their minds).

Beyond that, I'd say 1010 has been keeping a chair warm for him and if he doesn't get a column in the Sun, he'll have Warmington and Levy doing his bidding. He'll be a very loud voice outside the tent pissing in and doing his best to generally stand in the way of our efforts to recover from his reign of ineptitude and malice. And, of course, he'll be campaigning for 2018 starting on October 28th - well, realistically, November 1st.

A few things need to happen. Obviously he needs to lose the election, but whoever the winner is really needs to get north of 400,000 votes. If the winner gets fewer than 383,501 votes, we'll never hear the end of it.

I'm 95% certain that I'm going to have serious problems with Toronto's next mayor, but this is going to be one of those time when we all have to suck it up for the greater good. Kind of like a unity government. Because it's going to take one Hell of an effort to start fixing this city.

I think it will happen well before then and I don't think they'd wait for a specific date.

Agreed. The obvious thrust of the Fords' anti-Blair offensive is to preemptively spoil the case against them by making it appear political and/or personal. Especially in light of that, it becomes all the more critical that the entire case is handled as neutrally as possible. I can't believe that the Crown would mess with procedure to schedule the arrest around any external factor.

For those who missed last night's sneak peek...official site's live!!!

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/

My new favourite accomplishment: Eliminated the S-cent bag tax: Ensures that retailers have a choice in charging for plasTTC bags.

Also, he's got a link to his official mayor FB page. Is that even allowed??

For posterity in case they change it:
k52afb.jpg

For those who missed last night's sneak peek...official site's live!!!

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/

My new favourite accomplishment: Eliminated the S-cent bag tax: Ensures that retailers have a choice in charging for plasTTC bags.

Also, he's got a link to his official mayor FB page. Is that even allowed??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 10.05.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 10.05.44 PM.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 360
Check the Accomplishments page where the TIC typo was fixed with Replace All.

Eliminated the S-cent bag tax: Ensures that retailers have a choice in charging for plasTTC bags.

Economic Growth and Job Creation Strategy:After a prolonged period of moving sideways,the unemployment rate

in Toronto is very noTTCeably dropping:

Check the Accomplishments page where the TIC typo was fixed with Replace All.

Eliminated the S-cent bag tax: Ensures that retailers have a choice in charging for plasTTC bags.

Economic Growth and Job Creation Strategy:After a prolonged period of moving sideways,the unemployment rate

in Toronto is very noTTCeably dropping:
That should be uploaded to engrish.com. I heard that they need examples of Engrish from native English speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back