318     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 573     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being such hard-asses. If it weren't for RankSecure, Doug would not speak the flawless English he does speak.

Some thoughts.

somewhere in St Kitts, a phone is ringing frantically? :p

Are there no website developers in Toronto? Or continental North America?

So it appears that the website company that Ford appears to be using is run by an expert in SEO operations (and wicked awesome dj) who is not above less than legitimate techniques of optimization, including false flagging of competing websites. Hope the other candidates have savvy web teams. off to bed. happy sleuthing everyone!

Wedding DJ? Dan Jacobs?

To be fair, it's a pretty amazing accomplishment that the Ford administration was able to go back in time and get the Union Station reno included in the 2009 city and provincial budgets, and then to supervise the public tender process six months before he was elected.

Yeah, Ford taking credit for the Toronto Rocket--wasn't that Giambrone's baby?

Oh, re the "wedding DJ" thing: wouldn't mind checking back into the Ford/Tony Monaco/Z103.5 connection. (Particularly since the Evanov group behind Z has long had an, er, dubious reputation in radio-operation circles)

FORD ADMINISTRATION TOP ACCOMPLISHMENTS LIST
✔ Improving TIC service
✔ Made TIC an Essential Service
✔ Eliminated the S-cent bag tax: Ensures that retailers have a choice in charging for plastic bags.

The typos here are interesting. Mis-spelling the TTC or 5 cents are pretty basic errors. Speaking as someone who has done a very, very basic version of this, the 'developer' (or whatever we call them) would have got a text-dump from the candidate or the candidate's people, and be expected to make it look pretty. I realize that we've found an embryonic website (something that the campaign never intended the public to see), but even so, copy-editing the text would not have been in the developer's remit. So the mis-spellings come from somewhere else.

I also like how he's claiming credit for the YUSV 'extention'. Does he figure that if it was happening in Toronto while he was in office, he can claim credit for it? Ground broke for the extension in November, 2009.

Not on the accomplishments list: Learning how to spell, or consult a dictionary.

Last edited:
National Post headline - they could probably make more money by selling drugs.

Rob Ford's mayoral run could be partly funded by bobblehead sales, brother Doug muses
‘For all I know, we could have bobbleheads, T-shirts, ties, boxer shorts, sweat suits, jackets, whatever, and we could sell them,’ Councillor Ford said

National Post headline - they could probably make more money by selling drugs.

Rob Ford's mayoral run could be partly funded by bobblehead sales, brother Doug muses
‘For all I know, we could have bobbleheads, T-shirts, ties, boxer shorts, sweat suits, jackets, whatever, and we could sell them,’ Councillor Ford said

OH GOD, YES PLEASE, THIS. And it could happen, too.

Look at the whole picture: they're obviously desperate and hanging on with everything they've got. If Doug actually said in public that financing the campaign with T-SHIRT SALES is a possibility, then they have no backers, no war chest at all. Doug knows how much cash drugs could bring in and the temptation might just be unbearable. The pressure could force a fatal mistake.

So it appears that the website company that Ford appears to be using is run by an expert in SEO operations (and wicked awesome dj) who is not above less than legitimate techniques of optimization, including false flagging of competing websites. Hope the other candidates have savvy web teams. off to bed. happy sleuthing everyone!

Huh. So the website company hired by the Fords is sketch. Of course.

I mean, I get that no one is perfect. But the Fords - and, apparently, everyone the Fords associate with - seem to be very super extra not-perfect.

Also, Doug asked us to connect the dots. Looks like Kevin Donovan is doing just that. Hopefully Dt. Sgt. Giroux is as well.

From Now Magazine Nov 21st-28th 2013 by Enzo Di Matteo

"The Fords’ Deco Labels business seems to be the focus of more recent police attention. Doug says there’s been a cop parked outside for weeks."

Seems like Deco employees/bosses have a hard time keeping their noses clean. Is it too far a stretch to think these 80's hash dealing brothers evolved their street hustling business into something bigger? Their dad's business would be a nice little front. It's kinda crazy how many of these Ford buddies and employees have drug trafficking on their arrest records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back