202     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 545     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I hadn't thought about it that way. I think now that you've pointed out how great and honest Rob Ford is, we're all really embarrassed about giving him such a hard time. Thank you for the Wikipedia link. A lot of great information there about how honest and hard-working Rob is. Seriously, thanks for clearing up all our misconceptions about this very misunderstood and unfairly treated man.

Shhh...it doesn't understand sarcasm.

...and it's amazingly f*cked up to call open bigotry "courageous." Being unpopular doesn't mean you're right or brave, it just means you're unpopular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Last edited:
And yet there's no connection to what's going on in Russia? Simply flying the rainbow flag is being perceived by Warmington (and since he's Ford's mouthpiece obviously this is the line Ford is going with) as promoting homosexuality to minors (which really needs to be a whole conversation on it's own, because really being gay isn't a choice, and if anything it will make children feel more comfortable with who they are). Kind of like Russia's anti-gay propaganda law. I am so angry right now I can barely freaking type.
If Joe Wormington were Russian, he would write stories praising Vladimir Putin.

And yet there's no connection to what's going on in Russia? Simply flying the rainbow flag is being perceived by Warmington (and since he's Ford's mouthpiece obviously this is the line Ford is going with) as promoting homosexuality to minors (which really needs to be a whole conversation on it's own, because really being gay isn't a choice, and if anything it will make children feel more comfortable with who they are). Kind of like Russia's anti-gay propaganda law. I am so angry right now I can barely freaking type.

Warmington is now nothing more than a (paid/unpaid) muppet for the Ford brothers, so I expect we'll be hearing more of this kind of talk in the days and weeks ahead.

Last edited:
Well, may be I am missing something, but he is the 60 M breakdown of cuts proposed by Rob Ford:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/29/mayor-rob-ford-breaks-down-60m-in-city-hall-savings

Also, I haven't read anything about misleading with regards to the flag, the articles are saying he didn't like it and would prefer to put there a Canadian flag instead.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...oved-from-torontos-city-hall/article16750523/

there are 8 Canadian flags at city hall. A Canadian flag wasn't removed to put this flag up. This is the ceremonial flag pole, and the group followed the appropriate protocol to have it placed there. Please explain why it should be removed because the Mayor doesn't like it?

Well, may be I am missing something, but he is the 60 M breakdown of cuts proposed by Rob Ford:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/29/mayor-rob-ford-breaks-down-60m-in-city-hall-savings

Also, I haven't read anything about misleading with regards to the flag, the articles are saying he didn't like it and would prefer to put there a Canadian flag instead.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...oved-from-torontos-city-hall/article16750523/

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're young. That being the case, I'm assigning you some homework. You say you've read the last few pages of this thread, and that's admirable in a small way, but if you want to contribute to the conversation you need to go back further. I'm not going to suggest you start at the beginning---that's unrealistic. But if you go back to the beginning of the crack scandal and read from there (you have permission to skip irrelevant and redundant material related to non-Ford digressions) you should be caught up in a couple of weeks, and you'll have a more developed pictured of what we're talking about. As opposed to the second-hand misinformation that I'm assuming has been passed down from people you respect, but who possibly haven't paid as much attention to the situation as most of us here.

Seriously, there's interesting stuff here that you're not going to get from the daily papers. You'll thank me later.

Aren't there people with bisexual orientation which theoretically can go either way? Couldn't they be influenced to choose one way vs the other? Also, how about "straight" people turning to homosexuality in prisons? Doesn't it prove that under certain condition many more people can chose homosexual lifestyle?

You don't want to start this here. It's not the place for it.

Aren't there people with bisexual orientation which theoretically can go either way? Couldn't they be influenced to choose one way vs the other? Also, how about "straight" people turning to homosexuality in prisons? Doesn't it prove that under certain condition many more people can chose homosexual lifestyle?

Well trolly mctrollerson, you have a lot of education to get on the topic of homosexuality, and are showing your ignorance and homophobia in your posts. Either you're trolling because you're pathetic, bored, being paid by someone, are a former troll who has been banned and is back again or were referred here by one of the crazy Ford Nation sites, or you truly believe these things which makes you not worth my time anyway.

Being gay is not a choice. Those men in prison have sex with each other because they're horny, bored, and want power, they go back to women when they leave prison (at least this is what the movies tell me, which is obviously where you are getting your information). As for your bisexual comment; no people can not be influenced one way or another.

Please go crawl back under the rock you came from.

I think Tory would be a terrible mayor for Toronto. He is a follower, not a leader. Of course, he would be still better than Ford but that ain't saying much. A squirrel would make a better mayor than Ford!
Gary or Foamy?
Gary_Photo2.jpg
foamy-2.gif

Yes, that list of 60 million in savings is a huge stretch that would cut tree planting & library security... tiny cost cuts that would lose the city much more value. There's also no accounting for the amount of additional bureaucracy involved in his suggestion to add library fees to property taxes, a suggestion that also fails to take into account fees that were waived with good reason, people who have moved away and no longer pay property taxes in the city, renters, etc. Many of the suggestions are also just requests to have reports done on POTENTIAL efficiencies.

This is all ignoring the fact that he brought up this list of savings at the very last minute instead of earlier when an honest debate could have been had over it.

AND that the $60 million in savings is still only a small fraction of the revenue he wants to cut by doing away with the Land Transfer Tax. His numbers don't add up.

The courtesy pole on which the Pride flag flies right now normally flies the flags of various special interest groups around the city. For instance, during the 2012 Summer Olympics, it flew the flags of Bolivia, Ecuador, and Jamaica. Why no complaint from Ford then? Because, it's not about patriotism or the Canadian flag. It's about a slimy, last ditch attempt to appeal to voters with 'traditional' values.

You're not gonna to win any debates by being a dick.

There is no winning a debate with someone like that anyways. I've said my piece and added him to my ignore list. If you think this person is genuine or that they're ever going to change their mind, you're running a fools errand. If you want to try, be my guest.

You don't want to start this here. It's not the place for it.

Mods need a policy placing severe limits on OT discussions of homosexuality in this thread. Since Frod played the gay card, there are now far too many confused idiots wandering on to the thread looking to dribble out moronic prejudicial bromides.

Every person is entitled to an opinion and the opportunity to fight for it. Why wouldn't you allow him to fight to what he believe is the right thing to do? I think many people would support him in this fight. That's the whole idea of the human rights - to have the right to tell what you believe in (as long as you don't break any laws).

That is not even close to the "whole idea of the human rights." That is one right among many. And Ford is free to express whatever beliefs he wants as soon as he goes back to being a private citizen.

As for whether people can be influenced to have gay sex, even if that were the case, so what? It's not wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back