173     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 584     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 960     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
must be one of his dealers living there.

His official answer to Don Peat was "constituent visits." Dare we hope he is moving to Brampton?

The best part was when Don Peat put "constituent visits" in quotes, like it was a joke.

i think giving ford the opportunity to surrender is pretty smart. chances are he wouldn't surrender, so he would get picked up anyway, but at least TPS can say they gave him the chance to do it "quietly"... and we'd get to see the cathartic perp walk anyway... or one can hope.

This is Robtard Ford we're dealing with. He's stubborn and pig headed. Back when Chief Blair said TPS had the crack tape should have been signal enough for Ford to resign immediately. But he has no dignity, no shame. He will do the public perp walk when it comes and will not surrender because he's also addicted to media attention. Good or bad attention he sees no difference, its exactly like a 2-3 year old that thrives on negative or positive attention. The very public perp walk is going to be national & international headlines, and Canadians will not like that at all.

If sources close to the Fords say Doug will step up in the event of an arrest, doesn't that kind of imply that they are expecting one?

WOOOOOO!!!!

Somebody close to the Ford family who I've been talking to occasionally over the past few years said that "If Rob gets arrested, Doug will run for Mayor". Oh boy...

That or Dug has no intention of running for mayor and its a boast made in jest... but still a weird and loaded thing for Dug to say.

If sources close to the Fords say Doug will step up in the event of an arrest, doesn't that kind of imply that they are expecting one?

WOOOOOO!!!!

I'm surprised that Ford would even think that an arrest would keep him from running or getting elected.

Interesting conversation on twitter, even more interesting that Ford thought he was fine at the Garrison Ball:

David Rider ‏@dmrider 7h

Q: Does embarrassment prompt u to call truth-tellers "pathological liars"? What amends made to t-tellers u attacked, like @cllrainslie?

Paul Ainslie ‏@cllrainslie 3h

@dmrider What's rofo saying about me now?

David Rider ‏@dmrider 2h

@cllrainslie Nothing new - referring to post-Garrison talk

Paul Ainslie ‏@cllrainslie 8m

@dmrider He never gives up. He was yelling @ me late as Sept "You feel in to Toronto Star trap...I was fine @ Garrison Ball"

That or Dug has no intention of running for mayor and its a boast made in jest... but still a weird and loaded thing for Dug to say.

Nearly everything Doug ever says is 'loaded'. Everything comes off as a threat. That he never blinks doesn't help that, but I suspect that is the learned behaviour of a guy that figured out a long time ago he was better at intimidation than negotiation.

WOOOOOO!!!!

Careful. The OP doesn't say whether the person was offering an opinion or providing details on a plan. Still, DoFo hasn't said much lately about his provincial hopes. And when does, he hedges. Interesting comment, for sure.

What in the name of Gad is with these guys and their "$5000"? In Hains' summary Doug brought it up. He gave that amount for a playground (his crowning achievement as a councillor, apparently). Rob said he gave Renata $5000 for Xmas. Someone was offered '$5000. And a car' for the crack tape. Maybe we haven't been 'asking the right questions', like "Hey Rob, how much would it cost us to make you resign? Say, $5000?" Rob: "Now you're talkin'"

What in the name of Gad is with these guys and their "$5000"? In Hains' summary Doug brought it up. He gave that amount for a playground (his crowning achievement as a councillor, apparently). Rob said he gave Renata $5000 for Xmas. Someone was offered '$5000. And a car' for the crack tape. Maybe we haven't been 'asking the right questions', like "Hey Rob, how much would it cost us to make you resign? Say, $5000?" Rob: "Now you're talkin'"

A new crackstarter campaign should easily raise $5000 for his resignation. It would be the best money anyone has ever spent.

Careful. The OP doesn't say whether the person was offering an opinion or providing details on a plan. Still, DoFo hasn't said much lately about his provincial hopes. And when does, he hedges. Interesting comment, for sure.

Remembering back to the conflict of interest thing, Doug was also willing to step up and run for Mayor if Rob was booted out of office back then. Seems like he's always willing to help Robbie out in these sorts of situations. What a great guy.

Remembering back to the conflict of interest thing, Doug was also willing to step up and run for Mayor if Rob was booted out of office back then. Seems like he's always willing to help Robbie out in these sorts of situations. What a great guy.

Certainly plausible. And if Rob did get arrested, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how things played out. I wonder how much of Rob's goodwill would carry over to Doug's campaign. At least some of it would move to other candidates, no?.

I'm surprised that Ford would even think that an arrest would keep him from running or getting elected.

Fatso probably doesn't, but big brother Thug might just have enough awareness to understand the reality here. Though even that's not something I would be willing to bet money on.

Certainly plausible. And if Rob did get arrested, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how things played out. I wonder how much of Rob's goodwill would carry over to Doug's campaign. At least some of it would move to other candidates, no?.

Rob's the, er "charismatic one," (heh, heh) the more popular of the two. God knows how, but there it is. Shades of George W. Bush, Slob's the one people supposedly want to hang out with, have a beer with, etc. Or so they keep telling us. Doug, when you get right down to it, is a pretty cold fish. In their circles, I doubt he's anywhere as well liked as his fat oaf of a brother, which may well be one of the sources of resentment between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back