215     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 871     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 547     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Ford had said he is visiting Vancouver for the funeral of a friend's mother; he told Warmington that the friend is his former aide David Price, who worked for him from April until November. He arrived at Vancouver's airport on Friday morning with his children.
  2. It was "reported that he had been at a pub in the area earlier, with a flood of photos later being posted on social media of Ford dancing and posing for pictures with revellers.
  3. He was "ticketed for jaywalking Friday night in Coquitlam."

Who goes to another city for a funeral, but then goes out partying in a pub, and then gets a ticket for jaywalking and maybe something else?

Sounds like that uncle you wish you were not related to.

Note to self: do not invite this "uncle" to weddings, funerals, first communions, confirmations, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, graduations, batisms, circumcisms, banquets, etc..

Yeah, but are you surprised by any of it?

Let's not get too rampant with the speculation as you guys often do. He was cited for jaywalking, likely public intox, pictured at a pub looking wasted. Saying "maybe he had drugs on him!" is just silly at this point. You don't need random speculation, he practically writes these headlines himself.

My only question is, why didn't he get taken to the drunk tank? Who gets a ticket for public intox and is just allowed to carry about their business?

Not to defend Robbie but I'd want to get wasted if I was staying in Coquitlam too.

Last edited:
Is it because he is out of his buddy Ron Taverner's jurisdiction and therefore has no get out of jail free card?
My sense, judging from the stories that he loudly told the police there that he supports them and then questioned why they would then ticket him, followed by the report that he was calling the arresting officer a bitch, is that he is accustomed to being aided by the police here, particularly in Etobicoke. But we already knew this.

When Doug told Rob that he should stay home and have a couple of "pops in the basement", he actually meant " diet cokes". :)

Anyone hear if Doug was at this funeral? David is really his friend, right?

From the Globe&Mail:

Mr. McDonald said he's definitely a Ford fan.

"He's awesome. He's just an honest guy, right? We all have our issues and stuff. He admitted to the accusations and stuff," he said.

What? How do people still have this impression that Ford is honest?

If there are any attack ads in the campaign, they have to be repetition of Ford is a liar. Posters of his lies, memes, viral videos. Rob Ford needs to be thought of as a liar, not "an honest guy".

From the Globe&Mail:

If there are any attack ads in the campaign, they have to be repetition of Ford is a liar. Posters of his lies, memes, viral videos. Rob Ford needs to be thought of as a liar, not "an honest guy".
MetroMan, there are many people whose ideology clouds rationalism, hence the existence of Young Flat Earth Creationists.

MetroMan, there are many people whose ideology clouds rationalism, hence the existence of Young Flat Earth Creationists.

Many of these views are from the average person on the street, most without much of a defined political ideology at all. It's just the common perception that Ford is honest. It became this way because he keeps repeating it and the media keep reporting his quotes unchallenged.

From the Globe&Mail:

Sadly, many people mistake rough hewn stupidity for honesty. The precondition for this occurrence is that said people are also, themselves, stupid.

While normal people see in Ford a man with the small vocabulary of an assholic dim-witted teenager; a man of towering incompetence and staggering ineptitude when it comes to using language and speech in a meaningful way; a man with profound cognitive disabilities, and a stunning and frightening lack of awareness. However, to the mouth-breathers who persist in his defense, he is a "straight shooter", someone who "tells it like it is", and gives you the "unvarnished truth" without "all the BS". Stupid is as stupid does i'm afraid.

As for attack ads--there better be attack ads. Big, aggressive, go for the jugular attack ads. Ads that call Rob Ford out in a highly aggressive, inflammatory and detailed way, and force the him to confront the Cast of a Thousand Skeletons that have been escaping from his closets over the last 8 months.

Entire ads need to be based around the "Murderous Rant" video, the images of the Lisi drop offs, the drunk driving, the months of lies before he copped to Crack. Tory might have to hire some Americans to make sure it gets done right.

When I saw that "he's a normal guy" comment I wanted to puke. People believe Ford because he repeats everything. He has about 20 phrases and words that he uses over and over again.

As for Doug, I also wonder whether he's in BC. I also wonder if I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning to another barrage of tweets, emails and texts about another Ford incident in BC.

Joe Warmington, who spoke to Ford on the phone, had said that Ford was "shaken up" by what happened. It's odd that someone who has a long history with the police (having been arrested, been involved in multiple domestic disturbances, a home invasion, etc) would feel "shaken up" by a simple jaywalking citation. I wonder why. Is it because he is out of his buddy Ron Taverner's jurisdiction and therefore has no get out of jail free card? But why would that "shake him up"? Maybe he had drugs on him? It's not illogical that Ford would have a toot and go party.

Keep in mind that he also reacted in a "shaken up" way to his 1999 Florida arrest--saying "take me to jail" to the cop, etc.

Many of these views are from the average person on the street, most without much of a defined political ideology at all. It's just the common perception that Ford is honest. It became this way because he keeps repeating it and the media keep reporting his quotes unchallenged.

Yeah, there's basically ideologues and people who are too disinterested or stupid to really pay attention. It shouldn't be news that most people pay far less attention to this stuff than the insular world here at UT. There is no dispute - by any objective measure - he is neither honest nor intelligent. Anyone who believes otherwise is as wrong as someone who believes certain races are genetically inferior or, as Johnny Au said, someone who thinks the world is flat.

Luckily, I think this group is smaller than most people (and polls) suggest. They're not what got Ford elected; it was the people who didn't like Miller but were willing to excuse some rough spots on the guy who did that. Those people are done with him. I don't think there is a single person who still supports Ford who can be convinced to do otherwise at this point. The flipside is I don't think there's anyone done with him who, you know, was waiting to see what kind of budget he'd produced. If the unemployment rate magically dropped to zero tomorrow, Carol Wilding would still denounce him and Kathleen Wynne wouldn't be seen with him.

All those battlelines are drawn. That's what Ford doesn't get as he campaigns in suburban TCH buildings; he preaches only to the converted now and the people who take photos with him are doing it as joke; just watch the Global video of the guy in Vancouver! He's a human punchline who thinks visibility is popularity and legitimacy. It will be a rude, rude awakening for him on Oct. 28 when the last thread to which he has desperately clung - that despite the media and council he is doing the right job; the job the taxpayers want him to do - is cut.

I'd clarify that I want ads that nail him to the wall, repeatedly and explicitly, but I don't want American-style attack ads. Getting down in the mud to fight with these guys is not the solution. They're so down in the muck that you can take the high road and still kick them in the proverbial teeth, is the good news.

As for attack ads--there better be attack ads. Big, aggressive, go for the jugular attack ads. Ads that call Rob Ford out in a highly aggressive, inflammatory and detailed way, and force the him to confront the Cast of a Thousand Skeletons that have been escaping from his closets over the last 8 months.

Entire ads need to be based around the "Murderous Rant" video, the images of the Lisi drop offs, the drunk driving, the months of lies before he copped to Crack. Tory might have to hire some Americans to make sure it gets done right.

[video=youtube;MzpUUwfDI-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=MzpUUwfDI-s[/video]

Last edited:
Excellent work! i hope these are widely seen. The Sparks track works perfectly, because its true. We aren't going to leave, he is.

[video=youtube;QAzESJ62irI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back