857     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 545     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumbaclot in top form

Bumbaclot • 11 minutes ago −
"Now I'm reading from far less reputable sources than Joe W. here that I referred to the lady cop as a b*tch. Holy smokes. Can't remember if I said that or not but even if I did, why's it gotta be in the news? Private matter between me and the police, folks."

- from Wormington sun article reader's comments

(Man, now the rob ford BS is keeping me up real-time from two time zones - I've got to get to bed!)

Attachments

4 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
According to eyewitness interview on Global TV, Rob Ford referred to female RCMP officer w/ b-word.

"I support the police more than anyone. Front-line officers, I support them, you know I support them. We would do anything for our front-line officers."

While I can't say I necessarily agree, I will concede on the basis that I am probably the embodiment of the 'latte-sipping, ivory tower intellectual'. It can be difficult at times to separate theoretical ideals from depressing realities, but I maintain that the former can in fact be brought to bear on the latter.

Having said that, and perhaps the time is not now, but we do need to address the root cause of the Rob Ford Problem. That is, the unquestioned usage of experience-flattening metrics like employment rates, GDP growth, and so on. We are surrounded by neoliberal lies, half-truths, and obfuscations that serve none other than the already rich and powerful (i.e. the actual elites).

Wow. You were definitely correct in your self-assessment. "Experience-flattening metrics"? Wow.

1557510_10153728222505231_1264691074_n.jpg

Yep, definitely diet coke.

Attachments

• 1557510_10153728222505231_1264691074_n.jpg
    1557510_10153728222505231_1264691074_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 599
Hilarious. He admitted to being written up for jaywalking and public drunkenness, presumably the RCMP officers did sobriety tests and took reasonable precautions before writing up "the" Rob Ford for the latter offense.

Hi. Look up something called "rosacea".

One of the hallmarks of rosacea is that you start off by being more likely to blush and flush than most people, especially in response to certain triggers (heat, cold, wind, exercise, emotional stress, spicy foods and, yes, alcohol). After some years, the redness becomes permanent, with red blotches and/or a general pinkish tinge all over the face. You can look much pinker in some lighting than others, too.

Ford's basic redness is most likely rosacea. I think he can get redder and blotchier from drinking, angry outbursts and God knows what else, but a whole lot of that "suspicious" redness can look more intense under some conditions for perfectly innocent reasons.

Actually, I found out that I have Rosacea in my mid-late 20's, I know all about it. You could be correct, but it doesn't explain his pale days with light pinkish skin (yes, could be the lighting), pale face, nor his eyes, body movements and such. You do raise a valid point, but I'll stick to the camp that he's still doing some kind of drug(s) or hitting the vodka bottle for a shot or two with some kind of frequency. I still think that he did look really good for most of December though, until he apparently fell off the wagon at some point.

Are VPD known to be strict enforcers when it comes to jaywalking?
First time I was ever in Van, I was stopped and warned about jaywalking by Vancouver Police. Could not believe it. It was on West Hasting right outside the Save On Meats. On the other hand, I was floored that drivers would stop at intersections on 4-lane streets if they saw you wanted to cross the street, even when they were not required to stop. Mind you this was the 90s and I don't think it is as pedestrian-friendly anymore in that sense.

Even Renata believes Rob has a problem--

TorontoStar 8:16am via twitterfeed
Rob Ford’s wife sought help for mayor’s drug addiction, book reveals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back