153     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 196     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, promisses from the Fords made by a staffer for probable deniability.

All in all, I see something akin to the eighties version of "Wayne's World", "The Great White North" with guests.

Recorded at Muzik, most probably.

A new one I noticed a few times today "It's ['all' optional] political" and "['they' or 'council' or 'certain councilors'] are making this political" I think the next officially dirty word is "political"

After those US "State of the Union" speeches, CNN et al do these "word cloud" analyses. I'd love to see one for the Ford brothers. I think UTers have a pretty good handle on the Ford keywords but it'd be interesting to see what the software comes up with.

NEW YORK (AP) — Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been suspended for the entire 2014 Major League Baseball season, including the playoffs, for the use of recreational drugs. The punishment, announced by MLB commissioner Bud Selig today, is the most severe in the history of baseball's drug agreement.

"I am saddened by Mr. Ford's admission on November 5th," Mr. Selig said in a statement issued Monday. "Under our current drug program, if you are caught using drugs, you will be punished. Since 2005, every player who has tested positive has been suspended for as much as 50 games." Mr. Ford is not currently under contract, nor has he ever played in the league, but Mr. Selig vowed to "leave no stone unturned" in tracking down offenders.

Mr. Ford reacted during an impromptu press scrum, claiming "That motherf***er! I have never, ever, ever tested positive in a MLB drug test. If Selig is so perfect, I invite him to take the test himself and I'll even pay for it." The Mayor walked away miming a baseball bat swing and yelling over his shoulder, "any time, buddy, any time! Hell, you know what, f*** it, go Argos go!"

Mr. Ford's lawyer, Dennis Morris, only responded to e-mails with a novena from Mother Teresa, requesting that the message be forwarded to 20 people within 48 hours.

PL and DTG: I like these thoughts - and it actually shows that MLB and Bud Selig actually holds more power then Toronto's government comparing A-Fraud with Rob Ford...

A one-year suspension would be an interesting proposition and probably get Toronto literally out from under the influence of Mayor Rob Ford...LI MIKE

Congratulations! America has it’s own Rob Ford

Detroit city councilman George Cushingberry Jr., quickly becoming America’s version of Rob Ford. TheBlaze reported that he was pulled over after leaving a strip club when “police found marijuana, open alcohol, and detected a strong odor of marijuana in Cushingberry’s vehicle during a routine traffic stop.â€

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/01/13/congratulations-america-has-its-own-rob-ford/

Pot Found in His Car, An Open Booze Bottle, Strip Club Allegations — Just One Night from Powerful Detroit Councilman’s Wild Week

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-from-powerful-detroit-councilmans-wild-week/

Last edited:
For those who want to reach into their computers and strangle Ford, here is the exchange with Stintz. She wasn't as upset as I expected her to be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/13/rob-ford-karen-stintz-ice-storm-video_n_4591599.html

I thought at one point she was clearly rattled by Ford's antics, which is a big mistake. She needs to keep her cool better otherwise RoFo will demolish her in the debates. She can't be perceived as flustered while RoFo is in his boorish elements.

I thought at one point she was clearly rattled by Ford's antics, which is a big mistake. She needs to keep her cool better otherwise RoFo will demolish her in the debates. She can't be perceived as flustered while RoFo is in his boorish elements.

I agree she (and anyone who is up against the Fords) needs to stay cool but how on earth can they do it? He is so incredibly infuriating and Nunziata has absolutely no control over him. It doesn't help that Doug is there yelling, too.

I agree she (and anyone who is up against the Fords) needs to stay cool but how on earth can they do it? He is so incredibly infuriating and Nunziata has absolutely no control over him. It doesn't help that Doug is there yelling, too.

from the footage i've seen, i'd say nunziata sucks as speaker.

he is soooo delusional!!!

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/1...lashes-out-after-weekend-nightclub-appearance

yeah rob, jealous is what we are.

he just sounds like a kid vying for attention, even if it's for bad things.

This deployment of juvenile sarcasm is one of his major uh, weapons. The kind of thing a mouthy teenager might have said whilst trying and failing to be clever.
Sadly, his winding people up in this asinine way often leaves his somewhat dim and overly polite compatriots on city council tongue tied and dumbfounded. Looking at the transcript of the exchange between Ford and Stintz today is painful. She has no idea how to get the upper hand with him.
The only one who seems to really be able to respond with the right amount of condescending contempt is Gordon Perks, who can barely disguise the fact that he thinks Ford is unworthy of his attention. Oh for someone truly whip smart and articulate to put these trollish buffoons in their place!
You know, someone who isn't uh, Canadian:

[video=youtube;VWkZOUiw_mU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWkZOUiw_mU[/video]

One for the ages

To say you don't care how awful a man Ford is as long as he promises to cut your taxes is one thing, but saying a thuggish criminal is a "nice guy" is obvious cognitive dissonance. But Ford Nation is about identity politics, not logic. It makes sense that a man who values his personal loyalties above literally everything else would attract people who think the same way.

The 'nice guy' thing is probably true. One on one, or in small social groups, Rob Ford is probably a guy's guy. Havin' a pop or two. Firin' up a chute. Fixin' a pothole. That is believably where he might exist as a decent human being. And it is likely where he feels most comfortable. All of which might be fine were he not, ostensibly, the mayor of the fourth largest city in N.A. And an associate of known criminals, confessed consumer of hard drugs and easily verifiable, serial fabulist.

In this regard, the one-on-one, mano-a-mano, mano-a-pothole crap is pointless, ineffectual and, frankly derelict of duty. The job exists on a bigger canvas that is both grindingly expressionist and subtly impressionist. But Ford wants to paint number-by-number-by-number, in primary colours, vainly dabbing away hoping to get a picture that pleases others. (Okay, mostly his big brother.) His constituency, apparently, is the 'folks' who like that picture, even if the colours all run together in a brown, muddy mess. Rob gladly places gilded frames around this latest, coiled pile and loudly proclaims it "The Best Art Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.' and his troops cheer and agree that that scat don't stank. Because they also like to go from number-to-number in primary colours. Like that makes sense of this forced sprawling mess we're all dealing with.

Rob Ford is not a public figure. He is a figure with a public. That's identity politics. Frustrating as hell, but until there's a cogent way to deal with it, both practically and politically, the power will tend that way.

Last edited:
For those who want to reach into their computers and strangle Ford, here is the exchange with Stintz. She wasn't as upset as I expected her to be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/13/rob-ford-karen-stintz-ice-storm-video_n_4591599.html

That was hard to watch. But it makes it apparent that somebody needs to give Ford a taste of his own medicine - he needs to be forcefully, articulately and repeatedly, shut down. Enough of this this soft spoken measured words bullshit - ripping right back at him and accusing him of the things of which he is guilty - not asking him, but putting him on the spot and heavily chastising him and shaming him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back