421     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 579     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 902     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper dental care and hygiene is "gravy", I guess. Or a leftist conspiracy imposing itself upon personal freedom.

And if push came to shove, I suppose, it'd be perfectly in the Doug-esque spirit of Rob addressing his addiction issues by going to the gym and losing weight, if the chosen solution to his dental problems was simply by having veneers and whitening done, without addressing the matters of rot, cavities, and whatever else...
Before Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister, Britain had free proper dental care and hygiene through the NHS. She is the cause of the "British smile," since she cut dental care funding for the NHS. She paid for her dental care through her own pockets, leaving the average Briton with yellowed crooked teeth.

Last edited:
I thought he was watching every penny? Ford is getting re-elected for allowing the things to happen he said wouldn't if he got elected?

No, this stuff helps Ford, as he doesn't need to do anything, but appear to do something everytime things go wrong. For Ford, there's everyone to blame but himself- he's most comfortable sitting at the sidelines taking potshots at the people actually getting work done.

Mayor Rob Ford livid over Toronto Hydro building purchase

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/10/mayor-rob-ford-livid-over-toronto-hydro-building-purchase

This is the kind of stuff that could get Mayor Ford re-elected.

Toronto Hydro purchased a building for $16.8 Million that sold fourteen months before for $8 Million!

The bureaucrats and board members who approved this purchase are either incredibly incompetent OR corrupt. What other explanation can there be? Property doesn't appreciate 100% in fourteen months! Was someone getting paid off?

I hope that Mayor Ford will not waste any time in calling in the RCMP fraud investigation unit. I wouldn't trust Bill Blair's force to investigate what could potentially be a massive case of fraud considering some of the politicians involved are close ally's of Police Chief.

It's not enough that those filthy liberals had to waste TAXPAYERS' money on GAS PLANTS and ORNGE, eh? Now we've gotta deal with HYDRO PLANTS? GRAVY TRAIN, taxpayer, boondoogle, taxpayers' money, blah blah blah

Maybe the media needs to be asking him why it happened in his term when he said he'd be watching every penny and stopping the gravy. Suggest that he might have been more effective at stopping this (or of being aware of it prior to a reporter bringing it to him) if he was showing up at the office before 12:30 and he wasn't dedicating his staff to high-school football. Make him take responsibility for something instead of blaming others.

No, this stuff helps Ford, as he doesn't need to do anything, but appear to do something everytime things go wrong. For Ford, there's everyone to blame but himself- he's most comfortable sitting at the sidelines taking potshots at the people actually getting work done.

Yes, it's all low-rent theatre with the Fords. Good Adam Vaughan quote from the recent Star article about Robbie's support among low-income voters:

“He’s made life harder for folks,†says Councillor Adam Vaughan. “He has done nothing for low-income people except answer their phone calls, show up, scream at a hole in the wall and leave. . . . He doesn’t fundamentally fix the problem.â€

Before Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister, Britain had free proper dental care and hygiene through the NHS. She is the cause of the "British smile," since she cut dental care funding for the NHS. She paid for her dental care through her own pockets, leaving the average Briton with yellowed crooked teeth.

She also removed free milk for children over seven in schools, which couldn't have been good for kid's dental health.

What the hell? Toronto Hydro needs buildings to operate? No wonder my hydro bill is 35 dollars a month.
What a boondoggle. We're drowning in gravy. The sky is falling.

If they didn't buy these Taj Mahals for themselves, my hydro bill would be like 2 dollars monthly.
No respect for taxpayers. Blaaaah, blaaaaah, bloody blaaaah.

This is really not true. I mean the stuff about the NHS is true, but British people had terrible teeth long before that and under the NHS before Thatcher. I grew up there in the 60s and 70s, trust me!

Yeah the food pictures are over the top and quite gross. In her write-up at the top she describes herself as "clean", which makes me chuckle because that is a term one would apply to an ex-addict. In fact, that's what I thought she meant by it, that she was a reformed drug user. But maybe given the food obsession, "clean" is some sort of nutrition-fad word.

I apologize if someone has already responded. In this case, 'clean' eating has to do with eating good fats, as little processed food as possible and maintaining that for life. It's about trying to make sure the food you eat is as clean as possible. It is close to impossible to stick to, given the highly processed world of food in which we live. Clean eating (following a paleo food plan) is heavily promoted in the weight/fitness industry as the number one way to lose weight and get healthy.

.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet

Last edited:
I did not know that - but I've only been interested in Dale's fantastic reporting (well, the three Ds at the Star - Dale, Doolittle, Donovan). But it does add more context to this nasty vindictive grudge that Ford has towards the Star in general and Dale in particular.

Where does it say that Daniel Dale is gay? The only ones I heard saying this rumour were Ford supporters. Did Daniel Dale come out anywhere/anytime?

Good to note the particularly ugly subtext here. This man...this man. That twenty percent of this city supports him, and likely a far higher percentage outside city limits, reminds me of what a horrible place Ontario really is, behind the Victorian morality and aging loyalism.

Toronto, and Ontario, went through another equally nasty, horrific period of divisiveness when it seemed the entire city was in full on demonize single parents, teachers, gays and lesbians, First Nation activists (heck all First Nations). It was a time when you could feel the hatred coming from everywhere, against the most defenceless targets. That era was the Mike Harris era. Prior to that was Rae, when the city was full of citizens being nice to each other, with a whole good set of community values. Moral of the story - we sink as low as the elected right wing scum currently in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back