48     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 702     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS is believed to be the unnamed hacker hired by Ford's team to delete an encrypted copy of the crack video that was uploaded to an online storage site (see story by VICE). DS has all but admitted that he was the hacker. I notice that he was uncharacteristically quiet today with no tweets for over 19 hours (this is a guy who tweets every five minutes and has over 100K tweets!). He then comes on to say "tmo will be an interesting day".

Could be absolutely nothing but I pay special attention to his tweets. He is a very intriguing person.

Believed only by you. Believed only because he claimed to be so and posted obviously fabricated blurry photos of a his computer screen to "prove" his authenticity.

Believed only by you. Believed only because he claimed to be so and posted obviously fabricated blurry photos of a his computer screen to "prove" his authenticity.

I have good reason to believe that DS is the unnamed hacker from the VICE story. As an example the hacker in the VICE story ended his emails with "smh" (shake my head). If you follow DS's twitter feed you will see he often ends his tweets with "smh" an abbreviation popular in the hip-hop / Rap music world that he inhabits. Now whether or not he was actually hired by the Ford team is another matter altogether. It's possible he could have sold VICE a load of B.S. but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the story eyewonder was hinting was going to break a week or so ago (see what I did there?)

And Peepers...who are you? We said Warmo...now I'm thinking...young ex Ford staffer? ;)

And more frequently rode his bike to work, even in the winter.

Ford requires a driver (slash, security) because of his numerous failings along with all of all the media attention he has brought upon himself. Hall, Lastman & Miller didn't (recent Mayors).

Miller may have taken the subway to work but he still had a driver for official business. As the mayor should.

I provided my source for $4m. Please provide your claimed source(s) for $100m; so we can investigate further. Unless you're just spreading hearsay.

I don't have a formal source. The "$100 million" figure has been floating around for some time, which is why I was so interested in your post. Possibly the media are just picking up and repeating the figure; for example, as in the paragraph "The Company" in this story. Possibly it's another example of Doug Ford math and the family's known tendency to round everything up by a few million.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-rob-ford/article15574327/#dashboard/follows/

Wikipedia gives the $100 million figure, citing a Marci McDonald article in Toronto Life: (2012). "The Incredible Shrinking Mayor". Toronto Life (May 2012): pp. 40–54.

There's a huge difference between $100 million and $4 million in terms of how you view the Fords and their business acumen and also the legacy of Doug Sr.

That, right there, is how you pitch high-concept: Two people from different paths meet at a crossroads....with tragic consequences.
It's a story engine. From this point on, the series writes itself.

[video=youtube;EiQnwiATK0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiQnwiATK0E[/video]

I don't have a formal source. The "$100 million" figure has been floating around for some time, which is why I was so interested in your post. Possibly the media are just picking up and repeating the figure; for example, as in the paragraph "The Company" in this story. Possibly it's another example of Doug Ford math and the family's known tendency to round everything up by a few million.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-rob-ford/article15574327/#dashboard/follows/

Wikipedia gives the $100 million figure, citing a Marci McDonald article in Toronto Life: (2012). "The Incredible Shrinking Mayor". Toronto Life (May 2012): pp. 40–54.

There's a huge difference between $100 million and $4 million in terms of how you view the Fords and their business acumen and also the legacy of Doug Sr.

Neither the $100m nor the $4m seem credible. If a package label costs $0.03 on average and they get 2/3 of their revenue from labels that's still over 2.2 billion labels per year, or roughly 150 deco produced labels per Canadian household per year. Even with US ops it still seems way too high. The revenue per employee is also way too high for manufacturing. Not to mention that you don't generally run a $100m business with a management team of small time (former) hash slingers and (current) crackheads.

The $4m figure makes sense if it's their EBIT on revenues in the $15-30m range.

Neither the $100m nor the $4m seem credible. If a package label costs $0.03 on average and they get 2/3 of their revenue from labels that's still over 2.2 billion labels per year, or roughly 150 deco produced labels per Canadian household per year. Even with US ops it still seems way too high. The revenue per employee is also way too high for manufacturing. Not to mention that you don't generally run a $100m business with a management team of small time (former) hash slingers and (current) crackheads.

The $4m figure makes sense if it's their EBIT on revenues in the $15-30m range.

OR......it's a front!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back