321     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 481     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the case, I think the story behind the murder rant video is very significant. Hopefully we get the full backstory one day. Sounds like something criminal he and his bros were involved in. Some situation Randy walked from. Maybe he escaped something without charges while someone else took the fall.

I'm surprised some news outlet hasn't sent the video to an expert in forensic linguistics for commentary. Everyone was buzzing about the "birds" when the story broke. I think a lot of people would have been interested.

(This is my first post here. I've been enjoying the forum tremendously.)

Rob Ford says he respects taxpayers.

He then wastes taxpayers' money on cancellation costs.

Not to forget that he's wasting our money on his salary!
, I don't want to bust my ass, living paycheque to paycheque, breaking my back and pay his salary.

Hope he chokes on it.

What work are you doing? I want to bill an extra 32 000/month too!

No kidding. That's only 3k less than I make in a year. Doing nothing important....just housing people.

I'm not even sure I can afford to renew my subscription to The Walrus this month. Uh oh...I think I just outed myself as an "elitist".

Yeah, me as well. Though, I'm not sure what it means. I mean....I don't think I've ever had a latte. And I haven't had a bike in 10 years. I don't even vote NDP or Liberal....ever.

I'm a failed "elitist". Woe is me.

Now, seriously, can we have back our tax dollars that went to pay the gravy bloat's salary?

Is it because I hate Tim Horton's?

I knew it!
I must not even be a real Canadian, having been born in Southern Ontario notwithstanding.

No kidding. That's only 3k less than I make in a year. Doing nothing important....just housing people.

I'm not even sure I can afford to renew my subscription to The Walrus this month. Uh oh...I think I just outed myself as an "elitist".

Our society is so corrupt and degenerated. The amount my employer bills clients for my services every two weeks is more than my teacher wife's annual salary.

Yes, but some rhetoric, polemics and advertising is grounded in truth. Taking the a priori stance that everything you hear from someone with vested self-interest is automatically not true isn't helpful, particularly as many of these people mix in truths amid all the lies in order to further confuse, deflect and deceive.

In the end, you just need to be as informed as possible, and take nothing for granted. It's hard work, and even the best of us will be duped from time to time. If you think you're somehow always above the fray, chances are you're wrong.

You need to question yourself on a regular basis. Being a proper critical thinker means being critical of your own perceptions and thinking process.

Is it because I hate Tim Horton's?

I knew it!
I must not even be a real Canadian, having been born in Southern Ontario notwithstanding.
Ah yes, the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Here is a classic example of the No True Scotsman fallacy:

Person A: All Scotsmen eat haggis.
Person B: My father is a proud Scottish warrior from the Highlands who fought very bravely and everyone on my father's side were proud Scots with an impressive Scottish heritage, and yet he finds haggis disgusting.
Person A: Well then, your father is not a true Scotsman.

Our society is so corrupt and degenerated. The amount my employer bills clients for my services every two weeks is more than my teacher wife's annual salary.

I work in construction. I know all about how corrupt and degenerated it is. My messed up knee at 28 will tell you the same.

Pretty sad, some days .

I work in construction. I know all about how corrupt and degenerated it is. My messed up knee at 28 will tell you the same.

Pretty sad, some days .

Oh well, at least we can look forward to generational progress, selflessness and sacrifice by the Boomers as they retire, increased solidarity among working folks, a trend toward income equality and a more informed and engaged electorate.

I think this also factors into the Ford's attitude to public transit: it's a subsidy for people who are not like them, and who are not deserving, in their mind. In their worldview, a moral person has a car and drives, and buses are for lazy people who can't afford cars.

Of course, can't help thinking of the Ford-Towhey libertarian axis there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back