423     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 580     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 902     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news of the Worlds’s Biggest Book Store being sold , most likely for condo development, made me think again of the rumour that all these condos are being built to launder mob money. Toronto supoosedly holds the money, while Quebec ships the drugs.

I have just started looking for the article that first mentioned the connection. Haven’t found it yet, but came across this forum with posts from 2010 and 2011. (One guy even says he will be glad to vote for Rob Ford to stick it to the man, so to speak!)
http://forums.uncharted.ca/post-20160.html&sid=ae6d0073df6747603b7df6df43300455
This forum seems to be people who live in the Westmount Keele condos, nicknamed Mobbo Condo.

Anyone remember what month it was when someone mentioned the mob-connected construction company that built the ACC, but didn’t want to name it by its title? Was it in the summer?

And here is another way of laundering money: green enterprises. (Green For Life, anyone?)
Organized crime now shifting to 'green' targets
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2008/08/23/organized_crime_now_shifting_to_green_targets.html

Suits me fine. As long as he keeps his ass outta here and in 905 territory. Or perhaps Kitchener-Waterloo.

KW's building an LRT and attracting "elitist" foreign investment in the technology sector. Google/Motorola, many companies.

Not exactly a Ford Nation kind of place.

Originally Posted by AlvinofDiaspar
Interesting map of Rob Ford's 2010 campaign donors:

http://www.pressprogress.ca/en/post/...nd-ford-nation

AoD

Aside from the 905 angle, I find it interesting that significant financial support came from the "elites" he so detests: a lot of money came from the rosedale- forest hill-bridle path corridor, while virtually none came from Scarborough. How can he run a campaign next time, assuming that many of these elites will ditch him?

The news of the Worlds’s Biggest Book Store being sold , most likely for condo development, made me think again of the rumour that all these condos are being built to launder mob money. Toronto supoosedly holds the money, while Quebec ships the drugs.

I have just started looking for the article that first mentioned the connection. Haven’t found it yet, but came across this forum with posts from 2010 and 2011. (One guy even says he will be glad to vote for Rob Ford to stick it to the man, so to speak!)
http://forums.uncharted.ca/post-20160.html&sid=ae6d0073df6747603b7df6df43300455
This forum seems to be people who live in the Westmount Keele condos, nicknamed Mobbo Condo.

Anyone remember what month it was when someone mentioned the mob-connected construction company that built the ACC, but didn’t want to name it by its title? Was it in the summer?

And here is another way of laundering money: green enterprises. (Green For Life, anyone?)
Organized crime now shifting to 'green' targets
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2008/08/23/organized_crime_now_shifting_to_green_targets.html

If this is even remotely true...that development projects are started to launder the money of criminals...that garbage is privatized to put money in the pockets of crooks...if the push for subways was in part to get money in the hands of mafia-owned excavation firms...this is just evil. This is beyond evil. This is monstrous. I want these people killed.

Aside from the 905 angle, I find it interesting that significant financial support came from the "elites" he so detests: a lot of money came from the rosedale- forest hill-bridle path corridor, while virtually none came from Scarborough. How can he run a campaign next time, assuming that many of these elites will ditch him?

I am not completely surprised. Anecdotally I've heard of fairly strong support by the North Toronto crowd back in 2010, but of course at this point they'd never admit to it. Expect this group to line up behind Stintz.

AoD

Quite disturbing as it implies that the 905 has had a role in enforcing their ideals of politics on another region. Unfortunately, the only solution is to provide an alternative to Ford, or at least someone who can sop up these campaign dollars.

Or we could change the campaign financing rules to disallow donations from . Who has jurisdiction over the rules? I'm assuming Elections Canada.

Suits me fine. As long as he keeps his ass outta here and in 905 territory. Or perhaps Kitchener-Waterloo.

Please, let's not all run with this silly "assumption" that every city in Ontario without a 416 area code is somehow the exclusive domain of rednecks and shitheels.

You've got waaaay more of them in the outer 416 (all of Etobicoke, most of Scarborough, parts of North York, and even certain neighborhoods in "downtown") than in a place like Waterloo.

If this is even remotely true...that development projects are started to launder the money of criminals...that garbage is privatized to put money in the pockets of crooks...if the push for subways was in part to get money in the hands of mafia-owned excavation firms...this is just evil. This is beyond evil. This is monstrous. I want these people killed.
From what I have been reading, the mafia likes Canada because it is not a crime to be part of an 'organized syndicate'. As long as there are no bodies falling in the streets, then the police look the other way.

Here is another interesting article from last year:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/20/canadian-mafia-2012/
Detective Mike Amato of York Regional Police’s organized crime section said the Mafia has a wide presence in Canada but hides through infiltration of business, community and politics
Some comments from that article:
Cameron Grant-a year ago
Commisso's Bakery in Toronto - best Veal Parmesan sandwich in Toronto - but a complete mafia front.

anon123- a year ago
Organized crime has a strong presence in the real estate sector and development industry. Local politicians get big donations from these people, and money is laundered through developments and transactions.

From what I have been reading, the mafia likes Canada because it is not a crime to be part of an 'organized syndicate'. As long as there are no bodies falling in the streets, then the police look the other way.

Detective Mike Amato of York Regional Police’s organized crime section said the Mafia has a wide presence in Canada but hides through infiltration of business, community and politics
Cameron Grant-a year ago
Commisso's Bakery in Toronto - best Veal Parmesan sandwich in Toronto - but a complete mafia front.

anon123- a year ago
Organized crime has a strong presence in the real estate sector and development industry. Local politicians get big donations from these people, and money is laundered through developments and transactions.

So the future of Toronto development, indeed the city is in the hands of money launderers and crooks. I reiterate: these people should die. I hate this more than I hate anything about Ford.

Cameron Grant-a year ago

anon123- a year ago

Sounds like Canada needs some RICO laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back