5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who (besides RoFo and DoFo) voted against each motion?

I saw each one ranging from 32-9 to 38-4.

The City Clerk usually posts the results, and I'm sure Matt Elliott will have a nice dissection of the voting.

I would suggest, the individual who shot the video, who may be the one who got whacked, was the one attempting the blackmail???

Even Twohey mentioned the link between the video and the whacking!!!!

I think it is pretty clear that Smith was killed for the video, as it has been reported that his cell phone was stolen during the murder.

It could have been other gangsters acting on their own, as they may have realized its potential monetary value, or it could have been that Hashimi was following orders from the Ford goon squad. The only thing that the public has to (loosely) connect Ford to Hashimi is the Vice story, which I'm not sold on until it is independently corroborated.

In any event, I would LOVE to know what took place between Nov 2012 and mid-May 2013. IMO there is about a 100% chance (give or take 0%) that the original owner(s) of the video tried to extort money from Ford. I hope Donovan or Doolittle can piece together an accounting of the life cycle of the video after all is said and done. It is guaranteed to be a fascinating story.

I would suggest, the individual who shot the video, who may be the one who got whacked, was the one attempting the blackmail???

Even Twohey mentioned the link between the video and the whacking!!!!
Yeah. I, and many others, always thought there might be a link to the Anthony Smith killing and the break-in at the Basso's. While I originally thought any role in Smith's death might be a stretch, a running away of our imagination and loathing for Ford, the more I see the Fords reacting to every possible trouble in the most confrontational, animal ways possible the more I think it's a probability. My point is that I've never heard him speak of blackmail before. There were five, six months when to speak to anyone of blackmail might have been an admission that the video was a reality. Talk of blackmail now invites inquiries into the nature of their response.

I think it is pretty clear that Smith was killed for the video, as it has been reported that his cell phone was stolen during the murder.

It could have been other gangsters acting on their own, as they may have realized its potential monetary value, or it could have been that Hashimi was following orders from the Ford goon squad. The only thing that the public has to (loosely) connect Ford to Hashimi is the Vice story, which I'm not sold on until it is independently corroborated.

In any event, I would LOVE to know what took place between Nov 2012 and mid-May 2013. IMO there is about a 100% chance (give or take 0%) that the original owner(s) of the video tried to extort money from Ford. I hope Donovan or Doolittle can piece together an accounting of the life cycle of the video after all is said and done. It is guaranteed to be a fascinating story.

I would like to hear Metroman weigh in on this.

The thing I don't get about the Smith murder is that apparently the fight was initiated by Smith after receiving text messages from some of his fellow gang members. Why would he start the fight? It doesn't fit in with the whole they murdered him to get the video... I also can't find any reports of his cellphone actually being stolen.

... I've never heard him speak of blackmail before. There were five, six months when to speak to anyone of blackmail might have been an admission that the video was a reality. Talk of blackmail now invites inquiries into the nature of their response.

And remember when Dougie Jr. made the slip of the tongue and spoke out against the "extortionists" trying to shop the cell phone video around to journalists?

"Extortionists," Dougie? Please go on. Who was extorting/blackmailing ya?

The great thing about their lack of message discipline is they make revealing slips like this.

police reports are not reality verbatim

The thing I don't get about the Smith murder is that apparently the fight was initiated by Smith after receiving text messages from some of his fellow gang members. Why would he start the fight? It doesn't fit in with the whole they murdered him to get the video... I also can't find any reports of his cellphone actually being stolen.

You took everything in there as fact?

If the narrative is that Smith started the fight then it becomes Second Degree murder - something that could have been amicable for Hashimi to plead to without the evidence hitting the public - and who could prove otherwise?

Last edited:
WOW

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 7s
Matt Lauer just walked past me into the mayor's office back door holding an NBC clipboard. #topoli

The heavy hitters of US media are in town covering this story!

You took everything in there as fact?

If the narrative is that Smith started the fight then it becomes Second Degree murder - something that could have been amicable for Hashimi to plead to without the evidence hitting the public - and who could prove otherwise?

Wasn't he originally charged with 1st degree murder then plead down to manslaughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back