News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 682     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Speaking of His Oafship, I can't believe Ford had the sheer gall to cavalierly saunter into Harper's event last night as if nothing had happened that might suggest doing so was a bad idea.

Has this been confirmed? Can we get more details?

Hahaaa...these people are fuuuuunked, if ya know what I mean.

Toronto's finest, I'm sure.

My friends and I have started referring to being cracked out and/or haggard as pulling a Ford.
I don't think anyone of my generation (aka the future) takes these clowns seriously.

facepalm, I wonder if that story will break Monday...we've all been waiting for more to come

I am guessing, barring some major major bombshell, the dailies will take the day off from Ford, focusing on Rememberance Day.

Then Tuesday we can begin our obsessive media watch again. ;)

I've been pushing to get the topic re-framed and have assisted in a letter that will soon be made public. An important line: "It is the responsibility of the Mayor to preserve public safety by cooperating with the Police to the best of his ability. By declining to assist the Police, the Mayor of Toronto is aiding and abetting criminal elements thus knowingly placing the public in danger.". This can't be repeated enough by the media in print, radio and TV and asked in questions to the Mayor. If you want to help shift the focus to this important angle, write your city councillors, or at least in newspaper comments and bring it up in conversations. This is the angle that will make it apparent to even the most stubborn supporter that Rob Ford cannot be allowed to continue as Mayor.

If I can offer a tip (former sometimes-copywriter and current freelance writer), "declining to assist" is much too passive. You need to use a more active voice that frames the discussion around Ford willingly making bad decisions. Try "choosing not to assist".

I'd be happy to edit if you'd like.

If I can offer a tip (former sometimes-copywriter and current freelance writer), "declining to assist" is much too passive. You need to use a more active voice that frames the discussion around Ford willingly making bad decisions. Try "choosing not to assist".

I'd be happy to edit if you'd like.

I like your edit. Will revise.

The good news is that the media are aware of this but their hands are tied due to libel laws and can only mention these ties out of context. It's coming. As sources get on record and investigative journalists get enough information to make allegations, we'll see the story shift away from a poor guy who has a drug problem and towards a Mayor who is endangering public safety by associating with organized crime.

Any talk of any American media source taking a close look at this larger story? American libel laws are much more lenient (you can read that as "fair"), though if we are talking organized crime here I'm sure they would still be cautious.

Also, J Warmington--content aside-- does not write well.

Just saying.

Yeah, really! Maybe JW is a double agent. JW to Doug: Thanks for the big pile of cash! You can be sure I'll totally get your point across and not in any way fuck you over by writing something obviously pathetic and ridiculous.

(Disclosure: I have been drinking, a little. In case it's not utterly obvious, this post and the one before, about Satan, were satirical in intent. The one before the Satan post, about cognitive dissonance, was serious.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back